Jayden Bogle - Left for Sheffield United

Rev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Srg said:

They want Matty Cash. Forest asking £15m.  Think this is just nonsense, but either way, price begins at £15m just the same. 

As much as it pains me to admit Matty Cash is a different level of player. £15mill pays for probably the best RB in the league last year. £10 Mill for Bogle when we have said on more than one occasion he can be a defensive liability with at least one very good replacement (two if Ebosele can step up) seems fair for all sides. 

I believe Joe Bateman is quite highly thought of so he’s an option at right back if they think he can perform for the first team 

also, I’ve got complete faith in Jordan Brown at right back, class player 

10 minutes ago, Jram said:

I believe Joe Bateman is quite highly thought of so he’s an option at right back if they think he can perform for the first team 

also, I’ve got complete faith in Jordan Brown at right back, class player 

10 million is a silly offer silly offer shake and walk

2 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Keep him unless mental money comes in £15m+ to discuss it. He can learn to defend better. Can't teach that attacking flair.

Attacking flair fair enough but I good delivery in 3/4 not better then Christie and he went for less then half of that 

I think it's worth bringing up, again, that it's our defensive system that invites crosses as we defend very narrow and the full-backs get no support from the wide attackers. Bogle and Cash were almost identical in how successful they were when someone tries to go past them in one v one situations. I don't think you can really compare the two systems, completely different levels of support from the players around them. 

Bogle had the most assists of any full back in the division in his debut season. He was still top 5 last season. 

Give the kid a break. 

We are in the championship in a covid affected season with hardly any income 

at £10 million in real money sell to Fulham ( obviously £12-15 million to West Ham) with a clause for any sell on profit at 10-15% 

we need money no question if we are to strengthen elsewhere and wisdom is a very good championship full back with the youngster Ebosole waiting for a chance.

i believe we nearly sold him in January for that price but Wisdom wasn’t available at that time to play at right back and we weren’t allowed to bring in anyone else it seems ( embargo) 

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think it's worth bringing up, again, that it's our defensive system that invites crosses as we defend very narrow and the full-backs get no support from the wide attackers. Bogle and Cash were almost identical in how successful they were when someone tries to go past them in one v one situations. I don't think you can really compare the two systems, completely different levels of support from the players around them. 

Bogle had the most assists of any full back in the division in his debut season. He was still top 5 last season. 

Give the kid a break. 

To add something:

I started, but did not finish taking a closer look at crosses - and my initial findings showed that teams did not produce substantially more crosses against us than they did on average across their games against the other teams in the league.

For example, Birmingham averaged 24.4 crosses per game (selection of games randomly selected) and produced an average of 28.5 across their two games with us. Not a large difference.

Jayden Bogle is, in my opinion, our most talented player. There were times in the Lampard season where he was the best player on the pitch and that includes Wilson/Mount/Jozefzoon.

I think he’s underrated by our fans and there is a certain section of our fans, who will love Bird, Sibley & Knight no matter what, who won’t get on board with Bogle, Lowe and Whittaker. But I prefer not to speak.

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

Jayden Bogle is, in my opinion, our most talented player. There were times in the Lampard season where he was the best player on the pitch and that includes Wilson/Mount/Jozefzoon.

I think he’s underrated by our fans and there is a certain section of our fans, who will love Bird, Sibley & Knight no matter what, who won’t get on board with Bogle. ko

We have to take at least one decent offer for one of our players 

Archived