Jayden Bogle - Left for Sheffield United

Rev

2 hours ago, Jram said:

I understand what you mean and I completely agree that you’re fully entitled to criticise any player you like and some of the time it’s legitimate and objective criticism 

What I do think is that fans could be more self-aware in terms of what is influencing their opinion and I truly believe that black players are perceived in a certain way 

The blame lies largely with the media and lazy commentators (goes far beyond Ramage) for creating these stereotypes  
Ie As above- white players are intelligent, hard working while black players are fast, strong but ultimately lack desire 

It clearly impacts the way they’re perceived as coaches as well... Lampard and Gerrard walking straight into the Derby and Rangers jobs while the likes of Campbell have to start in the lower tiers absolutely reeks to me 

where does that leave Ramage as he was and is neither

anyway, wisdom is a good leader, Davies very bright, very good leader, not that quick, Vardy quick, Liam Rosenior , very bright, very articulate

its not colour its ability, not sure about Wisdom but out of the that lot Rosenior and Davies are my standouts for having a top managerial career if they want it. Also at Derby we are a family aren't we (as in the Wisdom flag) colour doesn't come into it. 

We are the Rams we are Derby we were black and white for a reason 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Hudds and Martin expired this season so surely we incur a loss there 

I don't believe Martin will incur much of a loss if any, with signing him on a free and being here for 7 years. And with Huddlestone, the extending his contract will have reduced the loss as well. 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

If we need the money.

but excepting the global pandemic which has totally trashed our income, our wage bill should be much reduced, our ffp win secures the £15m profits from that year, and our sprogs and free transfer signings come with no amortisation penalties. 

We owe deferred wages, season ticket refunds from last season and probably this season and transfer fees from previous purchases whilst very little income is arriving 

The whole idea of us investing so much into the academy & playing youth was to eventually sell them on, Morris has been open about it and it was even in the report yesterday. All money would be classed as profit, even a small fee like we may get with Bennett.

As previously mentioned, Bogle has 2 years left on his deal with no guarantee he will extend it, so even if he does have a good season with 1 year left his value still probably would be similar to now, if he has a standard/poor season & has 1 year left his price will be halved. If the club deem now is the right time to sell at his max value then im all for it.

15 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

The whole idea of us investing so much into the academy & playing youth was to eventually sell them on, Morris has been open about it and it was even in the report yesterday. All money would be classed as profit, even a small fee like we may get with Bennett.

As previously mentioned, Bogle has 2 years left on his deal with no guarantee he will extend it, so even if he does have a good season with 1 year left his value still probably would be similar to now, if he has a standard/poor season & has 1 year left his price will be halved. If the club deem now is the right time to sell at his max value then im all for it.

Yep, everyone with at least one year left on their contract need re- signing or selling - seems harsh but it’s the realities

37 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yep, everyone with at least one year left on their contract need re- signing or selling - seems harsh but it’s the realities

I agree but this is the difficult part currently.

Until things settle down in the world, can a club really give out generous new/extended contracts right now or will they have to offer a modest contract.

In 12 months time, things may be clearer and so maybe clubs can return to normal and offer a better contract

It's a tough one for us - and for every other club

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'm going to highlight that Jayden Bogle is by no means a 'poor defender' and that our system is failing him defensively: 

Kristian Pederson - Tackles: 100, Dribbled Past: 26 - 79.37% win rate
Joe Bryan - Tackles: 115, Dribbled Past: 34 - 77.18% win rate
Matt Cash - Tackles: 108, Dribbled Past: 32 - 77.14% win rate
Rico Henry - Tackles: 75, Driblled Past: 25 - 75% win rate
Luke Ayling - Tackles: 46, Dribbled Past: 25 - 64.49% win rate
Antonne Robinson - Tackles: 84, Dribbled Past: 55 - 60.43% win rate
Nathan Byrne - Tackles: 63, Dribbled Past 41 - 60.58% win rate

Max Lowe - Tackles: 96, Dribbled Past: 21 - 82.05% win rate
Jayden Bogle - Tackles: 60, Dribbled Past: 24 - 71.43% win rate

Max Lowe is exceptional defensively, arguably the best in the league with a man running at him. Bogle is still decent, just behind the leading pack in the division. Bogle has also created the most goals from a full-back position over the past two seasons at this level. 

We really need to stop blaming our fullbacks for the deficiencies in our system. I would say they've done a decent enough job, all told, because they get next to no help from the players in front of them. We pack the middle of the park, push teams outwide where they are often doubled. 

I’d agree, The only thing that I see as weak in Bogle’s armour is cross stopping. Yet consider his age and the chance for him to learn from the right coaching I’d say there is more to come. It’s a pity Ashley Cole isn’t still around as a example to learn from. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Or we could do it the Arsenal way. Let players go into the final year of their contract and either let them go on a free while they hang around without contributing anything positive or re-negotiate an extension on astronomical salaries and still don't play them.

Oooh - difficult decision.

Any sales only feature as a benefit for ffp for three years. Players like knight and bogle could play for us for the next ten years. So if we sell we face possible ffp deficits in the longer term. Therefore don’t sell unless there is a compelling football reason as there is no compelling financial benefit in the longer term.

If its £10m up front rising to £15m+ I'd be tempted.

But £10m being the top end seems a tad low - not the end of the world mind.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

We need more players.

I don't get why the amazing success of Tomori, Wilson and Mount (with Frank's help granted) hasn't prompted us to look into the loan market instead of the transfer market. 

Clarke as an eg..if we go up, we sign him. 

Paterson (although he didn't do much wrong, just never played) and especially Dowell shouldn't put us off. 

With Cocu and Rooney as a lure, and the academy doing so well providing longer term options, I don't see why a couple of well chosen loans to play upfront /wide aren't good options for a season to supplement what we have. 

53 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Any sales only feature as a benefit for ffp for three years. Players like knight and bogle could play for us for the next ten years. So if we sell we face possible ffp deficits in the longer term. Therefore don’t sell unless there is a compelling football reason as there is no compelling financial benefit in the longer term.

Bogle has 2 years left on his deal so maybe the club have looked to extend it and Bogle hasnt committed yet therefore we look to sell at his highest value. Bogle cant play for us for 10years if he doesnt extend a 2 year contract.

So simply, he signs a new deal or we look to sell. Same for anyone else with 1 or 2 years left

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

I don't get why the amazing success of Tomori, Wilson and Mount (with Frank's help granted) hasn't prompted us to look into the loan market instead of the transfer market. 

Clarke as an eg..if we go up, we sign him. 

Paterson (although he didn't do much wrong, just never played) and especially Dowell shouldn't put us off. 

For every Tomori, Wilson and Mount there are ten Patersons and Dowells

11 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Worked up to a point we didn't get promoted

This is true, if you don't get promoted you will have to rebuild the team again. It's a risk but I don't see the problem with one or two loan players to improve the quality of the squad if we can't get any on permanent deals. I'm just surprised we haven't gone into the foreign market yet, cocu must have some contacts

Archived