Jayden Bogle - Left for Sheffield United

Rev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we could get anywhere in the region of £10 million for him then i would snap their hand off. His attacking strengths are blinding a lot of people to his rather large deficiencies as a full back. We would miss his marauding down the right flanks, but I would assume we could play Wisdom at RB and the fee would surely fund a pacey right winger.

3 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Based on his first season, £10m would seem like peanuts - based on potential alone. Last season he either: wasn’t as good, was as good but expectations were much higher and so he seemed not as good, or he had just levelled out a bit and the potential is still there.

For some reason I would still be a bit disappointed with £10m (but hopefully there would be sell on clauses, bonuses etc... the full Football Manager works). However, if he were to leave I don’t think it would have a massive impact on the team, would provide funds and be a good example of the operating model going forward.

Or,he’s not quite as good as some people like to think he is ? £10 million is a lot of money in these trying times and I’d be ecstatic to get that for him plus a 25% sell on clause in case he does surprise me and move up a level .

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Sell and use the money for a position we're in more need of. Wisdom can play RB plus Ebosele is coming through. 

If we sell Bogle I honestly think we would have to go and replace. Every time he's been missing this season our ability to break out from the back or play down the right hand side at all has been drastically diminished. Wisdom always looks a centre back playing right back to me and honestly I don't think is suited as first choice going into the season given how we play. We will end up lacking width, an outlet on the right and our ability to play out will be harmed by it.

With all that said right back tends to be a relatively inexpensive position to replace and if we feel like we can replace him whilst it providing the money to improve elsewhere. It's probably good business. 

I don't like the idea of letting him go but ultimately this is the business model we are moving towards to progress the club and its something that will hopefully propel us forward.

Wisdom is a solid option and Ebosele appears to be highly rated. I wouldn’t be surprised, or even that gutted, if we accepted a bid of around 8 million plus. Bogle is a good player, could even develop into a steady premier league right-back, but that money could be better invested up front. 

Its one of those weird transfers where I’d be happy to see him stay but not devastated if he left for a good price.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

If we sell Bogle I honestly think we would have to go and replace. Every time he's been missing this season our ability to break out from the back or play down the right hand side at all has been drastically diminished. Wisdom always looks a centre back playing right back to me and honestly I don't think is suited as first choice going into the season given how we play. We will end up lacking width, an outlet on the right and our ability to play out will be harmed by it.

With all that said right back tends to be a relatively inexpensive position to replace and if we feel like we can replace him whilst it providing the money to improve elsewhere. It's probably good business. 

I don't like the idea of letting him go but ultimately this is the business model we are moving towards to progress the club and its something that will hopefully propel us forward.

I thought Lowe played fine at RB, I think Wisdom looked ok and Festy is coming through. If we had to get cover there, I'd try get a loan and not a permanent, it's a position where we could definitely cover. Ultimately, we need attackers badly, and if we have to fund it by selling a RB then we should definitely do it.

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Absolutely agree. 

Id be tempted to sign a RB on loan really. Ebosele might not be ready yet at all. 

Max Lowe can also play RB adequately, but yes I agree - if we have to get somebody in, make it a loan and not a perm to block Ebosele.

4 minutes ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

£10m take it. He's massively overrated. We have a tendency to do that a lot.

We also have a tendency to think our own players are always crap and to just get rid for nothing. The amount of rank average players from other teams that go for £10m+ is daft yet we want to accept a bag of haribo and promise of a shufty round the bins if he plays for England. 

Wisdom & Ebosele both right backs ready to step in, no reason Ebosele cant make the step up like Bogle did. Plus he is in and around the first team so the management team will have an idea. Plus the window is only shut from mid Oct til Jan so not long to go with these 2 and maybe getting someone in Jan if need be.

Plus Te Wierek has said he can play right back too, Lowe was comfortable there as a stop gap and Holmes could also fill in there too.

Id be looking for closer to 15m but 10m with addons, and sell on % would do. Maybe even chuck someone in a on loan to us as well, Kebano or Kamara would do.

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Ebosele looks very promising to me. Would love to see him play in a senior game. Possibly Barrow in the cup.

Great shout this. Barrow are the perfect game for him to start and Stretton to get mins off the bench. 

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

We also have a tendency to think our own players are always crap and to just get rid for nothing. The amount of rank average players from other teams that go for £10m+ is daft yet we want to accept a bag of haribo and promise of a shufty round the bins if he plays for England. 

I agree, but £10m is quite a few bags of Haribo. We'd probably be able to find a kid who could cross a bag of Haribo better than he can a ball too.

Jayden Bogle has only just turned 20 years old. He's far from the finished article and I believe if we were to sell him now then we would be getting below market value. If you take the emotion out of it, young players will dip in and out of form.

A year ago, I believe 90% of this board would've shipped Max Bird for a pack of Hob Nobs. The very same people would now scream 'do they only want his left leg' if we received a bid that wasn't at least eight figures long. It's not to say that Bird, Sibley and Knight won't have 'second season syndrome' either. 

When all said and done, I do think this is complete and utter pony as Fulham already have a young English right back in almost the exact same mould in Steven Sessengnon, who is equally highly thought of. I know Fulham have boundless resources, but I would expect they wouldn't be doubling up in that position to have two developmental players at right back. 

19 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I thought Lowe played fine at RB, I think Wisdom looked ok and Festy is coming through. If we had to get cover there, I'd try get a loan and not a permanent, it's a position where we could definitely cover. Ultimately, we need attackers badly, and if we have to fund it by selling a RB then we should definitely do it.

I thought it in both cases it hampered us quite a bit and it as a team it would be a relatively decent step down. 

I agree that we need attackers but we aren't so dire that we should be doing everything and anything to have all the funds in that direction. 

Like I said I'm not against the move but he needs replacing if he goes in my view.

Archived