Cocu in or out?

IslandExile

Cocu out?  

602 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Stoke thought getting rid of Rowett would improve their teams fortunes.

Then they thought getting rid of Nathan Jones would improve their fortunes, but he couldn't get the best out of then, so had to go.

Soon they'll decide that the newest incumbent, Michael O'Neill, has got to go. He's not getting anything out of them either.

Now most of them realise that their team is rotten to the core despite having a number of players people looking in from the outside might think are quality championship players.

Sometimes there's nothing a manager, any manager, can do to halt a decline.

Get a ducking grip.

I understand your point but we weren’t really on a decline when he came in. If anything we were a team on the up and I don’t doubt that if Lampard stayed we would have been pushing top 6. 

I know we lost good players but as a club we had the opportunity to replace them...just did a terrible job at it (as per).

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IlsonDerby said:

I’ve got absolutely no respect for about 70% of our current team. 
My anger is currently directed at these bunch of useless players rather than a manager with clear pedigree. 

I’m furious at individual errors that have messed us up, from all of the penalty misses at the start of the season, from Waghorn giving that stupid penalty away against West Brom, from Forsyth being responsible for 3/4 goals on his own in the last 3 matches. Sick to the back teeth of a lack of quality and a lack of getting the basics right. 
It ain’t Cocus fault that these clowns can’t pass to a bloke on their team 15 yards away. 

Im beyond furious i reckon. I actually couldn't care less if we go down. I think there are positives in going down in more game time for our youth and watching Rooney away to Cheltenham.

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The Academy was doing fine before Cocu - he didn't bring in any of the current youth.

Were they getting into the first team? 
I’m not saying he’s come in and transformed our academy... however the coaches have come out and said that he’s involved, he’s bridging the gap to the first team. He’s not getting the results at the moment but wait and see what happens in  and after January. Judge him on the results in February March etc 

2 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Were they getting into the first team? 
I’m not saying he’s come in and transformed our academy... however the coaches have come out and said that he’s involved, he’s bridging the gap to the first team. He’s not getting the results at the moment but wait and see what happens in  and after January. Judge him on the results in February March etc 

Bridging the gap by making the first team ducking poo? 

Up there with one of our best performances of the season (and we only had 10 men for the whole game).

Mel will keep his sensible head on, and we’ll see the rewards for that next season - a full squad of players capable of Suiting the managers style, most staying fit for most of the season, and a squad bursting with home grown players. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Up there with one of our best performances of the season (and we only had 10 men for the whole game).

Mel will keep his sensible head on, and we’ll see the rewards for that next season - a full squad of players capable of Suiting the managers style, most staying fit for most of the season, and a squad bursting with home grown players. 

We lost 3-0 to a team of nobodies.

So after we sell off 80% of the squad (under market value due to underperforming), cocu splashes some money in the summer and we have a brand new team... What happens if we're still crap? The old Jewell "time to gel" excuse for a few months? At what point does cocu take responsibility for the garbage being served up?

7 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

You think George Thorne, Dawkins, Jesse Lingard, Jordon Ibe, Tom Ince & Darren Bent were all on low wages? 

Thorne was on average wage as a bit part young player at WBA

Dawkins was on low wages

Lingard wages paid by Utd, with DCFC paying 20%

Ince on average wages as still young

Bent decent wages yep. 

Ibe was on a youth contract, about £650pw tops

If results go against us we could be 20th or lower by the end of the month.

The BBC will be doing a feature on Cocu in August if we’re not careful.

From the Nou Camp to the New York Stadium - how did a Barcelona star end up managing in the third tier of English football.

In in in 

wholesale changes in the club have been happening. A squad from the last 10 years has slowly dwindled away. Some poor earlier signings have gone, aging players having last throw of the dice and some young ones knocking on the door.  It really is a changing of the guard .. the absolute last thing we need is to be chopping and changing managers when the first signs of trouble start brewing. 

If Cocu had a diamond and deep squad and was getting nothing from them then there should be questions. But he hasn’t ! He has a lousy hand and needs every single fan and player to get behind him.

Right now he is our captain and I won’t support any mutiny or back stabbing. 

Game by game everyone. That is what it is now. Get behind the young ones (knight showed today that he is worth cheering on and deserves a shirt. I think Sibley will prove the same. .. Yeah Waggy can’t hit a barn door at the moment but don’t tell me he doesn’t work hard for the team. Duane Holmes ? What did he cost ? Eff all but the boy has feet. He can be a player. We can do this. 

I am gloomy today, really down, it hurts that we can’t score but this is just an uncomfortable part of the journey you have supporting your city’s football team. Until the day he walks or is pushed by the owners .. I back Cocu. 

2 games into the five easy fixtures, now  = 2 defeats.

I’m not bothered whether he stays or goes but I’m not going to get excited about it either way. 

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Thorne was on average wage as a bit part young player at WBA

Dawkins was on low wages

Lingard wages paid by Utd, with DCFC paying 20%

Ince on average wages as still young

Bent decent wages yep. 

Ibe was on a youth contract, about £650pw tops

Ince was highly rated after Blackpool & thought of as a certain Prem player, he'd have been one of our highest earners.

All of them dropped from the top division to play for us, Thorne & Dawkins wouldn't have signed for us on average wages. West Brom wanted Thorne to stay & Dawkins had been hanging around Spurs for years...the money had to be right for both to join us. Clough's last squad was around 12m in annual wages I recall, I dont think @Abu Dhabi Ram would have been that far off if comparing Oct 2013 with April 2015.

Archived