• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

I think we’re getting carried away a little 

it was still terrible 

Lawrence and holmes atm are playing like absolute dirdge

both breakdown so many moves it’s truly frightening 

the second half at times descended into sunday park football but at least we competed 2nd half thats all I’m giving them

a terrible terrible performance with players visibly regressing week to week 

They came out with some fight 2nd half and credit to them.

The first half was abject dog?and they  obviously recognised that it was not acceptable.

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Holmes was basically our entire midfield for most of that, the only one putting in a tackle, the only one running with it, the only one looking for forward passes. 

You can't expect him to do all the work himself and also expect the quality from his final ball.

Bielik would have made a huge difference.

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Holmes was basically our entire midfield for most of that, the only one putting in a tackle, the only one running with it, the only one looking for forward passes. 

You can't expect him to do all the work himself and also expect the quality from his final ball.

He was poor. What tackling? What running (a bit in the 2nd half), forward passes, when?

Just now, LeedsRam1999 said:

Have you seen the players he has got out tonight. 

Davies - Doesn’t suit his style 

Forsyth - Left back playing centre half 

no creativity in midfield 

strikers with no service due to lack of creativity. 
we are easy to play against when we have no creativity as we can just be pressed high.

martin won the long balls tonight and when we got people playing off him, it paid dividends.

so many brainless fans that support this club, expect instant success like it is our god given right.

Get behind your team and not boo every player everytime a pass is misplaced. Probably the ones who leave after 80 mins 

Absolutely right.

Three loanees who dragged us to the play offs have gone to smash it in the Premier League.

Keogh....well you know.

Midfield:  Bielik, Shinnie, Huddlestome all injured.

That said, I thought Knight played well but I agree with @SaintRam, with a booking already he was getting near the line.

I think the thing is we all want Derby to do well. We do not like what we're seeing - made even harder by watching the videos of TBE's team flying high.

This team is poor and it's hard being patient for it to be built up again but I'm afraid that's what we have to do ?

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Holmes had the best passing accuracy of the front 4, made the most successful dribbles and made the most successful tackles in the whole team tonight. Second best Derby player on the pitch after Martin. Don’t get why he’s become a scapegoat. You want a poor midfield performance, look at the other two. Non existent.

1 minute ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Have you seen the players he has got out tonight. 

Davies - Doesn’t suit his style 

Forsyth - Left back playing centre half 

no creativity in midfield 

strikers with no service due to lack of creativity. 
we are easy to play against when we have no creativity as we can just be pressed high.

martin won the long balls tonight and when we got people playing off him, it paid dividends.

so many brainless fans that support this club, expect instant success like it is our god given right.

Get behind your team and not boo every player everytime a pass is misplaced. Probably the ones who leave after 80 mins 

If your a paying fan like most on this forum you are then the right to an opinion.

Another dire performance with no formation and some players looked like they had no clue were they were supposed to be playing,that lands at the feet of the manager surely

His team selection tonight stank of desperation and a get out excuse if we had lost the game,then when it looked like the game was about gone we just stuck on two forwards with little instruction,luckily we did get a point from a very soft penalty which saves Cocu some explaining to do

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Holmes has the best passing accuracy of the front 4, made the most successful dribbles and made the most successful tackles in the whole team tonight. Second best Derby player on the pitch after Martin. Don’t get why he’s become a scapegoat. You want a poor midfield performance, look at the other two. Non existent.

Evans was one of our better (not totally awful) players in the atrocious first half and then the game completely passed him by in the 2nd. I hope Bieliks not out for long; thats all we bloody need.

A soft penalty award has made the result look acceptable, but the performance is clearly not. In the build up to the game so much was said about Jim Smith, and how much his players wanted to represent Jim, the club and each other with good football and effort and respect for the club, that performance tonight was the complete polar opposite in every way. The players and coaching staff need a long hard look at themselves, disgusting.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Holmes had the best passing accuracy of the front 4, made the most successful dribbles and made the most successful tackles in the whole team tonight. Second best Derby player on the pitch after Martin. Don’t get why he’s become a scapegoat. You want a poor midfield performance, look at the other two. Non existent.

He did ok in the midfield one.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Evans was one of our better (not totally awful) players in the atrocious first half and then the game completely passed him by in the 2nd. I hope Bieliks not out for long; thats all we bloody need.

Really? Thought Evans was shocking throughout myself. I’d have had him off at half time. Literally made no impact at all. Hope Bielik is back on Saturday.

Archived