v Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a really tough watch. Midfield was non-existent, resorting to booting it up to Martin (who fought admirably with little service) and feeding off the scraps. I've been a big defender of Holmes, but he's making so many mistakes in costly areas. Bogle seems to have lost his dare and zip. I'll take a point, because we played like a team who should have lost. Onwards! 

1 minute ago, Van Cone De Head said:

He’s always loved Martin,love him or hate him he’s a cracking footballer.

Held it it up really well tonight and a lovely penalty.

He is a cracking footballer and he looked back to his best tonight. Think he's put a bit of weight on around the beam, making him harder to knock off the ball. Great attempt at that header at the start of the 2nd half, what a poor cross. Midfield absolutely non-existent.

Just now, CWC1983 said:

Didnt see the 1st half, but blimey, the 2nd was easily the worst half of football Ive seen in a long time. 

Boring, scrappy, absolutely no composure or skill from either side. 

Bloody hell the 2nd half was like watching a different team.

The first half was like watching a bottom of the league walking football side.

2 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Didnt see the 1st half, but blimey, the 2nd was easily the worst half of football Ive seen in a long time. 

Crikey good job you did not see the 1st half then

39 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Why? Just look at what you’re seeing in front of you tonight and tell me what you think is going to change? He has had half a season to get a formation/philosophy in place and has done neither. 

Have you seen the players he has got out tonight. 

Davies - Doesn’t suit his style 

Forsyth - Left back playing centre half 

no creativity in midfield 

strikers with no service due to lack of creativity. 
we are easy to play against when we have no creativity as we can just be pressed high.

martin won the long balls tonight and when we got people playing off him, it paid dividends.

so many brainless fans that support this club, expect instant success like it is our god given right.

Get behind your team and not boo every player everytime a pass is misplaced. Probably the ones who leave after 80 mins 

1 minute ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Bloody hell the 2nd half was like watching a different team.

The first half was like watching a bottom of the league walking football side.

I think we’re getting carried away a little 

it was still terrible 

Lawrence and holmes atm are playing like absolute dirdge

both breakdown so many moves it’s truly frightening 

the second half at times descended into sunday park football but at least we competed 2nd half thats all I’m giving them

a terrible terrible performance with players visibly regressing week to week 

5 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

You have the envy of everyone who did have the misfortune of watching the first half performance not one player deserved the shirt they were wearing 

Well I enjoyed the second half better than the first, that’s not saying much though.

Anyone who watched that will now hopefully realises the step up is massive between the U23s and the first team. Whittaker looked like he had been dragged off street to make numbers up, although he wasn’t alone tbf. 

Archived