Craig Forsyth

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

No doubting that you always get a shift out of Fozzy and boy he put one in today especially considering what he's been through and the length of time out. I'll be honest I have been critical of him in the past because his distribution of 5/10 yard passes can be woeful at times but I'm more than happy to be proved wrong today. He was immense out there and fully deserved his MOM award. 

Weirdly he's always found the 5/10 yd pass much harder than the 30yd one!

Just lovely to see him back, and I wouldn't put it past him to see out the season in his new position.

10 minutes ago, rynny said:

Amazing to think he was signed as a left winger. 

Derby have somewhat of a recent history of converting wingers to full back though. 

Bogle, Lowe, Malone, Forsyth have all played as wingers at some point in their careers. 

Before that, Brayford/Freeman had both been midfielders also. Its perhaps a scouting thing, look for attacking players that could play a defensive role effectively. 

Thought he played brilliantly today. Yes he lost the occasional ball but that was because he was constantly trying to play incisive passes to Lawrences/Martins feet. Every now and again he would make that pass and take 5-6 Preston players out the game and we were 4v3 against their back line. Clearly this is what Cocu saw in him and why he told him at the start of the season he saw him as a centre back.

Was assured and made no nonsense decisions with clearances. Didn't try anything fancy and just hoofed it when necessary.

Craig Forsyth looked like solid stainless steel today. Superb. He’s shown so much character to come back after 3 ligaments. Also superb rehab by the back room staff who’ve played him back through under 23 games. Very proud of you Craig; today you looked every inch a senior professional. 

Yep, delighted to see Forsyth back. Been a wonderful servant over the years for the club, and is certainly a player fans will remember in years to come. Had some top performances at left back in some of our better teams of recent years, so it’s good to see injuries haven’t ended his career as a fair few of us feared. However, in fairness I’m not quite sure I saw the top class MOM performance that others obviously saw today. Thought he looked a little suspect positionally, and a bit shaky on the ball particularly early on. Thats not me trying to criticise him mind, as that’s exactly what you’d expect from a player coming back from a long term injury playing in a less familiar role. In the circumstances he did excellently, and grew into the game to have a decent performance by the end once him and Davies settled together. Grew in confidence on the ball and going in for headers, which has hopefully got him past the post injury nerves.

Interesting one really with him at centre half. It’s not a position I’d have wanted him playing from the start of a game in the past, as I saw him as a LB and a LB only. But all these games with the U23s have obviously been planned by Cocu, with the aim one would suspect of permanently converting him to a CB, which is a less physically strenuous position for a player who’s had as many injuries as Forsyth. So perhaps we’ll see him establish himself as a CB by trade from now on. He’s certainly earned the shirt for now, which is good going for a bloke just back from injury, over more familiar centre backs like Wisdom.

10 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Derby have somewhat of a recent history of converting wingers to full back though. 

Bogle, Lowe, Malone, Forsyth have all played as wingers at some point in their careers. 

Before that, Brayford/Freeman had both been midfielders also. Its perhaps a scouting thing, look for attacking players that could play a defensive role effectively. 

As Carragher pointed out to Gary Neville, no one grows up wanting to play full backs.

They are either failed wingers or failed centre backs.

12 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Fozzy has always been my whipping boy ! Hands fully held up , he was absolutely fantastic today , loved being proved wrong . 

The guy who sits next to me hates him but can’t actually give me a sensible reason why. Yesterday he wouldn’t have it that he’d not only individually played a great game but also helped Lowe immensely. He also sees Chris Martin’s positioning. 

9 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

The guy who sits next to me hates him but can’t actually give me a sensible reason why. Yesterday he wouldn’t have it that he’d not only individually played a great game but also helped Lowe immensely. He also sees Chris Martin’s positioning. 

I also know people who doesnt rate him.

I often tell those types of people to watch every minute of every game of the Mac 1 season and tell me who the key player in that team was. They will always say Martin, or Bryson, to which they have a point...but the way Mac had the back 4 set up, it was effectively a back 3 of Wisdom, Keogh and Buxton and Forsyth was given license to get forward as much as possible. The balls he played into that box were immense.

Losing Wisdom and signing Cyrus Christie stopped Forsyth being so effective, because he was the one that had to start sitting.

Some people dont see this.

2 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Interesting that two of our best players yesterday were signed by clough. 

Its testament to the team he built that we still have players here from his time. If it wasnt for Keogh stupidity there would be another to.

10 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Interesting that two of our best players yesterday were signed by clough. 

If only we’d held onto Connor salmon, Connor Doyle, frankie fielding and dean moxey.

Was surprised to see him back starting yesterday, but barely put a foot wrong and could be the equivalent of a new signing over the second half of the season.

Always liked Fozzy and enjoy his marauding runs, I guess he can take over from Keogh in that department now!

His days marauding down the wing are probably past him now after the injuries, so a move to centre back could be a master stroke from Cocu. Especially once he’s settled into the position, perhaps the confidence for the occasional Keoghesque marauding run through the middle will come ?

Archived