Craig Forsyth

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Really happy for Fozzy I mentioned this in the match thread but didn’t get a response so I’m going to ask again.

Does anyone know if he’s the first player in the top two tiers to play again after 3 ACL’s?

Best I can find is Pires returning after 2 ACL’s.

Massive achievement for him to be playing again, but to play so well is absolutely astonishing really, I truely hope he can stay fit from now on!

Yes.

Sean Dyche, After having 4 Antiseptic Cough Lozenges, Which had a negative impact on his voice box.

Are we now classing forest players as pro footballers?????? What’s the world coming to?

In all seriousness I thought he’d had two, very impressive that he came back from three!

So Fozzy isn’t the first, I hope Fozzy manages keep going longer than Cohen after the last one!

15 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

Didn't he do it twice against us?

I'm really pleased for Fozzy, there a lot of work needed to come back from those injuries.

Just the once, in the 1-2 ten men game.

May have done his groin or something against us too mind.

54 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Just the once, in the 1-2 ten men game.

May have done his groin or something against us too mind.

You made me check, it was two against us and once against Burnley. I remembered the second time as I actually felt sorry for him(feeling sorry for a forest player is not my normal reaction). From the look on his face as he limped off the pitch he knew what he had done.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/16/nottingham-forest-chris-cohen-third-cruciate-injury

1 minute ago, Shipley Ram said:

You made me check, it was two against us and once against Burnley. I remembered the second time as I actually felt sorry for him(feeling sorry for a forest player is not my normal reaction). From the look on his face as he limped off the pitch he knew what he had done.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/16/nottingham-forest-chris-cohen-third-cruciate-injury

It isnt nice for any player never mind who he plays for. Shame Forest fans dont have the same sympathy as they chanted 'hope you die' to a stricken Barker who had pretty much just suffered a career ending injury, and likewise booing clarke off after he had been injured by a vicious two footed challenge,

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It isnt nice for any player never mind who he plays for. Shame Forest fans dont have the same sympathy as they chanted 'hope you die' to a stricken Barker who had pretty much just suffered a career ending injury, and likewise booing clarke off after he had been injured by a vicious two footed challenge,

Talking of which, did you see Yates got sent off yesterday for another nasty two footed challenge?

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

A very tiny minority I'd imagine. I'm sure a similar minority of Derby fans would do the same if the shoe was on the other foot, too.

7 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

Yep you're correct, I misread his wiki!

That's some odds, the same injury twice against the same opponent.

Thinking back, wasn't the second one from no contact at all?

Just now, Saffy van der Ram said:

Talking of which, did you see Yates got sent off yesterday for another nasty two footed challenge?

I did indeed. I haven't heard that the opposing player was injured and i Hope not. Tells you something about the mentality of a player who gets away with it once, you would think they would stop and think and realise they were lucky, not go out and do it again.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

A very tiny minority I'd imagine. I'm sure a similar minority of Derby fans would do the same if the shoe was on the other foot, too.

I can't say about the clarke injury as i only heard it on TV. The Shaun Barker one was very vocal, i don't think it was a minority, however it was followed by the 'wheres your chairman' chant, which was also not a tiny minority, so yes you are right, morons on all sides.

18 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

The trouble is it's rare to be able to see the extent of an injury, unless it's Thorne/Busst style broken leg. A lot of footballers are prone to putting it on a bit, and then running back on the pitch right as rain.

Most of the time we don't really hear about how bad a knee injury is untill the middle of the following week. It was only TV close up of the look on his face that hit me with Cohens third injury, and Fozzy had a similar expression after his third injury. I couldn't see how bad Barker's was but Tudgay immediately started waving the medical staff on, that always is a worring sign but could be missed by fans.

58 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

The trouble is it's rare to be able to see the extent of an injury, unless it's Thorne/Busst style broken leg. A lot of footballers are prone to putting it on a bit, and then running back on the pitch right as rain.

Most of the time we don't really hear about how bad a knee injury is untill the middle of the following week. It was only TV close up of the look on his face that hit me with Cohens third injury, and Fozzy had a similar expression after his third injury. I couldn't see how bad Barker's was but Tudgay immediately started waving the medical staff on, that always is a worring sign but could be missed by fans.

I think it was obvious Barker was seriously injured. But yes I do get you. To be honest from my experience when there is a serious injury the players dont roll about all over the place.

7 hours ago, BondJovi said:

Me too! Though I still believe I would do a good job up top.

I used to play with the goalkeeper Paul Reece, he played for Grimsby. West Brom, Stoke & Oxford in the early 90's ( anyone remember his MOM performance against us for Oxford ? )

Anyway, in training he would always play up front !! & he was good

On 23/11/2019 at 20:46, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Fozzy's my hero and I couldn't be more pleased to see him return with a MOTM performance today. It's nothing short of remarkable that the lad is even still playing after a horrific run of bad injuries. Just  undergoing the countless hours of physical therapy and rehab that he must have endured over the last few years shows his strength of character, but to return to the fold out of position and look like he might be the best CB at the club is quite incredible. I was certain at the time of his last injury that he'd played his last game for Derby. I should never have doubted him. 

Totally agree. I think we will all be a bit nervous every time he goes into a big tackle or goes down injured. Just hope he has a decent run as he deserves it. 

Archived