Craig Forsyth

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

A round of applause for his performance today.

A couple of shaky moments from misplaced passes, but he looked a confident centre back for me.

Great to see him back fit, a key player under Mac 1 and a welcome member of our squad.

After seeing that performance it seems amazing that we haven't seen him fill in or play there more, considering he has all the assets and

how long he's been with us - full marks to Cocu for picking up on this at the start of the season.

Fozzy's my hero and I couldn't be more pleased to see him return with a MOTM performance today. It's nothing short of remarkable that the lad is even still playing after a horrific run of bad injuries. Just  undergoing the countless hours of physical therapy and rehab that he must have endured over the last few years shows his strength of character, but to return to the fold out of position and look like he might be the best CB at the club is quite incredible. I was certain at the time of his last injury that he'd played his last game for Derby. I should never have doubted him. 

Forsyth ever since he walked in the door, has proved people wrong time and time again 3rd come back from a terrible injury, and was outstanding today, always gives his all, reads the game so well, and never let's this club down, and a great call by Mr Cocu, who by playing Forsyth at centre back and keeping Bielik in centre of midfield, probably won us the game, now let's get that away win, we so desperately need. 

Seems like an amiable, modest bloke who always gives his best. Unfortunately, when he's lacking fitness and confidence (as he was in 17/18), he can be really poor. But when he's on it (as he was in 13/14 and pre-injury in 18/19), he's brilliant. Based on his performance today, it's going to be the latter this season.

My favourite Derby player of the last decade.

Others may contribute more, be more consistent, but for absolute determination to do his best for the club he wins hands down.

I thought it before his injuries, and never thought we'd see him again in the shirt after his last injury, so to say I'm delighted in his latest comeback is an understatement!

He's one hard barsteward.

Fozzy has never had an issue defending...always been one of the best in the club, seldom see him get done, his biggest problem in the past was when he had time in his own half he would play himself or others into trouble 

tbf to him as a fullback when your told to play it short and retain the ball and there’s nothing showing mistakes will happen.... aka bogle last week at forest

That said in full flight he was one of the best first time crossers of the ball weve had for a while, some of his first time hard and low balls In under Mac one were a thing of beauty 

delighted for him today and I see no reason on today’s evidence why he shouldn’t be there for the long haul 

Well done all 

No doubting that you always get a shift out of Fozzy and boy he put one in today especially considering what he's been through and the length of time out. I'll be honest I have been critical of him in the past because his distribution of 5/10 yard passes can be woeful at times but I'm more than happy to be proved wrong today. He was immense out there and fully deserved his MOM award. 

59 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

My favourite Derby player of the last decade.

Others may contribute more, be more consistent, but for absolute determination to do his best for the club he wins hands down.

I thought it before his injuries, and never thought we'd see him again in the shirt after his last injury, so to say I'm delighted in his latest comeback is an understatement!

He's one hard barsteward.

The video where Carson is getting poo from that knob after the Burton defeat, you can see Fozzy isn't going to take any poo. 

Always loved Fozzy. 

I'm not surprised he played well today because he's always been a good defender and he did play well when fit last season, particularly United away.

But I am surprised he's put in a MOTM type performance in his first game back. That takes a lot mentally.

Stretches of good play from Forsyth have usually coincided with us moving up the table, let's hope that's true again. Nice to see him getting the love he's long deserved.

Archived