Rooney at Derby

therealhantsram

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I think we can all agree that this video sums up all of our feelings about Rooney joining up with the squad.

Juan, I usually enjoy your posts, this time, well it’s one of those when there is an awkward pause and the anchor says ... and now back to the studio ??

16 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

You sound really excited about the thought of him coming...

As exciting as it is having him here (I still remember watching him play for england at old trafford a fair few times when he was immense) I do think the move is littered with potential problems 

https://www.internationalinvestment.net/news/4007112/wayne-rooney-jimmy-carr-stars-win-gbp263m-hmrc-battle?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=New Newsletter - Special Report 2&utm_campaignid=6003&utm_cmdid=112389

Derby County's Rooney is among 675 investors, including comedian Jimmy Carr, Arsene Wenger, Roy Hodgson, the late Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt, and Lady Elizabeth-Ann Redgrave, wife of Olympic legend Sir Steve. In 2011 they put in £79m - an average of £117,000 each - towards the £263m Cobalt Data Centres 2 and 3 in North Tyneside, unused for years.

17 minutes ago, Spanish said:

https://www.internationalinvestment.net/news/4007112/wayne-rooney-jimmy-carr-stars-win-gbp263m-hmrc-battle?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=New Newsletter - Special Report 2&utm_campaignid=6003&utm_cmdid=112389

Derby County's Rooney is among 675 investors, including comedian Jimmy Carr, Arsene Wenger, Roy Hodgson, the late Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt, and Lady Elizabeth-Ann Redgrave, wife of Olympic legend Sir Steve. In 2011 they put in £79m - an average of £117,000 each - towards the £263m Cobalt Data Centres 2 and 3 in North Tyneside, unused for years.

I bet Rick Parfitt’s chuffed.

It's a no lose situation for me.  Can't really see how we can get any worse but at the same time I really don't buy into the idea that the other players are suddenly going to get much better by his mere presence alone.  He certainly didn't have that effect when he moved to Everton. 

Gotta be good for the younger players though to have him around. 

11 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

It's a no lose situation for me.  Can't really see how we can get any worse but at the same time I really don't buy into the idea that the other players are suddenly going to get much better by his mere presence alone.  He certainly didn't have that effect when he moved to Everton. 

Gotta be good for the younger players though to have him around. 

You get a 'like' just for having the best username on the forum. What you doing at the weekend?

I see they are stating that his first game for the Rams could be on January 2nd, a Thursday night fixture against current bottom club Barnsley. Well thats going to boost the attendance for a cold January night. Guess what, its also down on sky tv for a live game, the other game is Swansea v Charlton. Sky could get the biggest audience ratings for a Championship game.

9 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I see they are stating that his first game for the Rams could be on January 2nd, a Thursday night fixture against current bottom club Barnsley. Well thats going to boost the attendance for a cold January night. Guess what, its also down on sky tv for a live game, the other game is Swansea v Charlton. Sky could get the biggest audience ratings for a Championship game.

Well it wouldn't have been a cold January night game if Sky hadn't moved it because of Rooney! It would have been played at the traditional time on New Year's Day and we wouldn't have needed Rooney to boost the crowd.

I give not a fig for Sky's ratings and fervently hope Cocu says he's not quite ready and doesn't play him!

9 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Why do you think they moved it? This has been pretty obvious for a while. 

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well it wouldn't have been a cold January night game if Sky hadn't moved it because of Rooney! It would have been played at the traditional time on New Year's Day and we wouldn't have needed Rooney to boost the crowd.

I give not a fig for Sky's ratings and fervently hope Cocu says he's not quite ready and doesn't play him!

That would be absolutely fantastic!

In fact why not go the whole hog and put the under 18s out.

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

Would be funny, but I'd rather Cocu plays his best team to win the game.

Archived