Rooney at Derby

therealhantsram

Why is Rooney giving Cocu dirty looks on the half season ticket advert??????????

Whats Cocu said to him???????? Is it because Cocu is a poo manager?????? This is clearly a sign that Cocus lost the dressing room!!!!!!

Cocu needs to go before we get relegated by Xmas!!!!!!!!!

And don’t get me started on Mel Morris he’s the devil incarnate!!!!!!!!!!!!

The club must give us answers immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

??

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RedSox said:

You just knew which goal would be last up!  Oh boy, dare we hope for just 50% of that ability to be still in his lexicon?????????

The pace won’t be there. But the gutsy strength, winning mentality and most of all technique will be.

there will be some oh no moments and some oh yes moments. It’s the Derby way. 

52 minutes ago, jono said:

The pace won’t be there. But the gutsy strength, winning mentality and most of all technique will be.

there will be some oh no moments and some oh yes moments. It’s the Derby way. 

I can see him dictating play as a deep lying midfield maestro, sort of Eustace-esque, with an occasional red card and a winner in the play off final against the gumps or Leeds.

39 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I can see him dictating play as a deep lying midfield maestro, sort of Eustace-esque, with an occasional red card and a winner in the play off final against the gumps or Leeds.

That would make my year beating Leeds or the dogs at wembley, with Wayne getting the winner

6 hours ago, Derby blood said:

That would make my year beating Leeds or the dogs at wembley, with Wayne getting the winner

Beating forest would be the best but to take leeds and beat them and all Derby fans sing for 32red would really make leeds cry ? 'wheres our wanye rooney' 

11 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Exactly

The character who's only role is to inadvertently destabilise Anakin and lead him to decide to join another team? Who in this case would be Waghorn... oh wait that actually might line up.

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Yeah, but you can make anyone look good on a highlight reel. 

Aye, and he’s done it 250 odd times. 

taking us and our obvious self interest out of it, I am going to be fascinated by how he performs in the Championship. Will it be too gung ho and pass him by, or will his natural skill be a revelation and change games. ?  Ashley Cole was interesting in the same way. Lots of positional sense, skill and guile but that half yard missing sometimes. Hard to compare as it’s a different area of the pitch and pace was a key part of Ashley’s game. I think about classic dream cars but when you see them today they are quite what you remember on your bedroom wall. Anyway, looking forward to it big time. 

26 minutes ago, jono said:

taking us and our obvious self interest out of it, I am going to be fascinated by how he performs in the Championship. Will it be too gung ho and pass him by, or will his natural skill be a revelation and change games. ?  Ashley Cole was interesting in the same way. Lots of positional sense, skill and guile but that half yard missing sometimes. 

I think Ashley Cole's ability shone out, he didn't really have the full opportunity to adapt to the club and the Championship though. I think Rooney will have the time, hopefully he'll stay fit. But I think like Dave Mackay wasn't Tottenham's Mackay, he was Derby's Mackay, Wayne Rooney will be Derby's Rooney. His class will definitely shine especially with a manager like Cocu (read his JP Telegraph interview).

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think Ashley Cole's ability shone out, he didn't really have the full opportunity to adapt to the club and the Championship though. I think Rooney will have the time, hopefully he'll stay fit. But I think like Dave Mackay wasn't Tottenham's Mackay, he was Derby's Mackay, Wayne Rooney will be Derby's Rooney. His class will definitely shine especially with a manager like Cocu (read his JP Telegraph interview).

I've also been thinking this morning that he must be a great lure for future talent as well

When Lampard came in last season Mount especially said he came to Derby (turned down other moves) to learn from a guy who played his position with such awesome effectiveness

You've gotta think that any potential attacking talent given the choice between any of our championship rivals or getting to learn from (and play alongside) Rooney has to be an attractive proposition 

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I've also been thinking this morning that he must be a great lure for future talent as well

When Lampard came in last season Mount especially said he came to Derby (turned down other moves) to learn from a guy who played his position with such awesome effectiveness

You've gotta think that any potential attacking talent given the choice between any of our championship rivals or getting to learn from (and play alongside) Rooney has to be an attractive proposition 

But it was only a week ago that folk on here were saying that nobody will come, because Mr Mel is a nasty man who treats the players with nothing more than brutality!

How the hell am I ever supposed to come up with opinions of my own, when you lot keep switching from one extreme to another!  

………………………………………………………………............................
LEST WE FORGET.
May the fallen rest in peace.
May those that return, have the fortune to live in peace.

Archived