Rooney at Derby

therealhantsram

11 hours ago, lagavulinram said:

Cant wait.

4 hat tricks first game.

I keep thinking about what United spent to get him and there were questions .. Fergie said he had to do it quickly because the lad was special. Champions league .. debut . Hat trick .. wonderful stuff. ... just a taste of that would be kind of nice 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Greasley said:

My mate is on his way to India for work, with a changeover in Dubai. He's bumped into Mr Rooney on his flight to Dubai.... he was happy to share this pic!! (My mates a Man Utd fan, but, has has a few trips to Derby with me!)

FB_IMG_1573933148566.jpg

Doesn’t Rooney look different with glasses. Bit worrying that both his pace and sight are going.

1 hour ago, Greasley said:

My mate is on his way to India for work, with a changeover in Dubai. He's bumped into Mr Rooney on his flight to Dubai.... he was happy to share this pic!! (My mates a Man Utd fan, but, has has a few trips to Derby with me!)

FB_IMG_1573933148566.jpg

Think your looking for the Rooney at Dubai thread ?

Article from the Telegraph:

The end of the last international break of the year, into the long winter that can break a team or their manager, and little seems as engrossing as the reality that we are one Phillip Cocu sacking away from the launch of Wayne Rooney’s career in management.

The big man is back, to recall the unforgettable first recorded usage of the phrase in an England camp when Rooney announced his belated arrival at the team’s German World Cup base in the summer of 2006. Thirteen years later at St George’s Park last week, Raheem Sterling asked a similar question rhetorically of Joe Gomez. You think you’re the big man? Back in the Black Forest 13 years ago, no one had to ask. It was Rooney, and he was 20 at the time.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/11/17/englands-celebrated-players-often-fail-managers-dont-even-try/amp/

The mods are going to edit that down due to forum rules, but that was a good read.

Shame that part of it added fuel to the fire - undermining Cocu and suggesting Rooney will be waiting in the wings as soon as he’s sacked. Got a feeling this kind of talk will not go away. Let’s hope it’s not as harmful as it potentially could be. 

9 minutes ago, cosmic said:

... but that was a good read.

Shame that part of it added fuel to the fire - undermining Cocu and suggesting Rooney will be waiting in the wings as soon as he’s sacked. Got a feeling this kind of talk will not go away. Let’s hope it’s not as harmful as it potentially could be. 

I actually thought it was fairly dull regurgitation except for the bit about Rooney having talked to Lawrence and Bennett.

I'm totally sure the undermining/waiting to fill Cocu's boots thing is bunk. Reporters think that'd be a good story so at the moment are playing "lets just pretend it's true and write that up"

Himself, just wants to be home and carry on being a footballer a bit longer I think.

His effect on the team? My prediction? underwhelming. Not bad, still talented but not the legs and playing to where his team mates should be rather than actually are, only playing some games (about a third) but popular with the squad and enjoys doing his coaching badges.

When it's all done it'll be "oh yeah, he played for us for a bit you know"

Archived