Rooney at Derby

therealhantsram

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, when are we all getting Rooney hair transplants?, so we are all ready, for the Wayne Rooney debut for Derby County.

I think Mel should get one, and then treat all the baldies at Derby for one. Nice little RamsTV Derby in the Community video of thousands of Rams fans putting there trust in some company fixing us all up with a wonderful hair transplant.

@David and @uttoxram75 first and second after Mel and then the rest of us baldies just pile in afterwards, none of this fancy having to make an appointment like giving blood these days. Just turn up at the Wayne Rooney Hair Transplanter School of Hardknox and bingo!

Ohhhhh he looks good in black..................it helps the hair to shine on!

image.jpg

16 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Anyway, when are we all getting Rooney hair transplants?, so we are all ready, for the Wayne Rooney debut for Derby County.

I think Mel should get one, and then treat all the baldies at Derby for one. Nice little RamsTV Derby in the Community video of thousands of Rams fans putting there trust in some company fixing us all up with a wonderful hair transplant.

@David and @uttoxram75 first and second after Mel and then the rest of us baldies just pile in afterwards, none of this fancy having to make an appointment like giving blood these days. Just turn up at the Wayne Rooney Hair Transplanter School of Hardknox and bingo!

Ohhhhh he looks good in black..................it helps the hair to shine on!

image.jpg

err, I've still got some hair.....baldy!

What interests me is the 'why'...  and what effect that will have on his career here.

There have been top players who just refuse to retire and work their way down the leagues... Gazza, Ian Wright, Sheringham....John Terry and Ashley Cole kinda..

But generally (probably because they don't need the cash anymore) top players have written their own tidy ending....from Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Adams, Shearer...they have bowed-out at the top on their terms.

Rooney was a superstar...and as his star waned he went to his hometown club, then semi-retired on a nice, relaxing money-spinner. 

Coming to Derby isn't the most obvious of moves....so what motivated him? Learn from Cocu - like Fergie never taught him anything? , how to be a coach - sure United or Everton would have done that for him.? 

So he must have hoped he could get us promoted, for that one final happy chapter of his career?

If we are adrift...not playing well..or he is not having an impact on games, I just can't see him sticking around. He isn't a journeyman footballer...and I desperately hope we are in and around the play offs when he comes and he has a really big start, as otherwise I think he will just say his body isn't up to it and retire. 

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

What interests me is the 'why'...  and what effect that will have on his career here.

There have been top players who just refuse to retire and work their way down the leagues... Gazza, Ian Wright, Sheringham....John Terry and Ashley Cole kinda..

But generally (probably because they don't need the cash anymore) top players have written their own tidy ending....from Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Adams, Shearer...they have bowed-out at the top on their terms.

Rooney was a superstar...and as his star waned he went to his hometown club, then semi-retired on a nice, relaxing money-spinner. 

Coming to Derby isn't the most obvious of moves....so what motivated him? Learn from Cocu - like Fergie never taught him anything? , how to be a coach - sure United or Everton would have done that for him.? 

So he must have hoped he could get us promoted, for that one final happy chapter of his career?

If we are adrift...not playing well..or he is not having an impact on games, I just can't see him sticking around. He isn't a journeyman footballer...and I desperately hope we are in and around the play offs when he comes and he has a really big start, as otherwise I think he will just say his body isn't up to it and retire. 

Perhaps the simple reason is a love for the game that drives some to want to play at the highest level possible for the longest time possible.There are many who obviously are in the game soley  for the money.But Rooney aint like that

5 hours ago, Edinburgh ram said:

Anybody able to tell me the rooney chant? Still don’t know the full words.

"Rooooooooooooooooooney, Rooooooooooooooooooney, Rooooooooooooooooooney"

(To the tune of ""Rooooooooooooooooooney, Rooooooooooooooooooney, Rooooooooooooooooooney")

……………………………………………………………….
image.png.97269681caa2cec7ca959e5ac85eb5b8.png
May the fallen rest in peace.
May those that return, have the fortune to live in peace.

On 09/11/2019 at 00:13, Chester40 said:

Fair points. Not looking likely that we will be competing for a play off position with our defensive frailties. Say we finish the campaign in our current position, 16th, which is not inconceivable. Would Rooney stick around next season? 

I seem to recall in an interview that Lampard first made contact to try and get him in with Ashley Cole for the promotion push. If that’s the case it means this deal was probably arranged a long time back and when we were a much more attractive prospect. Given our mess of a season so far, something tells me he wouldn’t come here if he were approached now. 

24 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I seem to recall in an interview that Lampard first made contact to try and get him in with Ashley Cole for the promotion push. If that’s the case it means this deal was probably arranged a long time back and when we were a much more attractive prospect. Given our mess of a season so far, something tells me he wouldn’t come here if he were approached now. 

I’m sure the mess he’s left behind in many places, he will appreciate what a football player/club can have to deal with. 

He knows he can come in and have a big impact at a club that is quite low at the moment. I don’t think he will be having any regrets whatsoever. 

Rooney wanted to return back to the UK. Probably told his agent to find him a club no more than a couple of hours away from his nice house in Cheshire. If he still lives in Prestbury that's a 90min ish drive from Derby. We're offering him a chance to coach whilst he can play, offer him a good wage thanks to our sponsors. Will Premier League teams start him most weeks? I doubt it. Seems like a good fit, I can't wait until I see him at Pride Park.

With Rooney coming in and if we can sign 2 quality players in January, I think we will be that club who surge up the table and make the play offs. 

We’ve started to show good signs in the last few weeks and I’m feeling more confident. A good win against Preston and we go into the next batch of games on a high. Rooney starts training with the team the week after and imagine what lift that should bring to both players and supporters. 

1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

With Rooney coming in and if we can sign 2 quality players in January, I think we will be that club who surge up the table and make the play offs. 

We’ve started to show good signs in the last few weeks and I’m feeling more confident. A good win against Preston and we go into the next batch of games on a high. Rooney starts training with the team the week after and imagine what lift that should bring to both players and supporters. 

As much as I would like to be as optimistic as you, I can see us loosing against Preston and  Fulham and maybe picking up the odd win in December but being around 13th-16th when Rooney comes in and about 10 points outside the playoffs giving us an uphill task of getting top 6, cant expect top 6 with this bunch of players TBH we had a very poor summer of recruitment in hind sight and top 10 would be an ok finish given the circumstances, especially with loosing Keogh which has made our defence worse.

2 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

As much as I would like to be as optimistic as you, I can see us loosing against Preston and  Fulham and maybe picking up the odd win in December but being around 13th-16th when Rooney comes in and about 10 points outside the playoffs giving us an uphill task of getting top 6, cant expect top 6 with this bunch of players TBH we had a very poor summer of recruitment in hind sight and top 10 would be an ok finish given the circumstances, especially with loosing Keogh which has made our defence worse.

When Fulham got promoted in 17/18 they were 8 points off the playoffs when they lost to Sunderland on the 16th December. They then proceeded to win 16 of their remaining games losing only once on the final day of the season. It often happens that a team that isn't particularly close to the playoffs makes a late run and manages to sneak in. I don't think its inconceivable that we could strengthen some of our weak spots in Jan (only if we have a new scouting team though) and go on our own late playoff run. Realistically I don't expect us to challenge for promotion this year though.

On 08/11/2019 at 23:13, Chester40 said:

Rooney is just a kid who loves playing football (well he might not be a kid anymore) his favourite place is on a football pitch 

Archived