Nathan Jones

Nuwtfly

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I think Talk Sport have jumped the gun...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50274819

Lololol.

So any plan they did have involved approaching Alex Neil. And now they’ve cocked that up. And Preston say there is now absolutely no way they’ll speak to them, and not only that, but they’ve now been reported. 

What a ducking shambles?!?!

?

17 hours ago, GenBr said:

Even if they approached Alex Neil legally why on earth would he want to go from a team that only needs to win its game in hand to go top of the table to a team that is rock bottom. Stoke must been completely out of their minds if they think that would work.

Not really. I doubt very much Stoke will be offering the same T's and C's as he is currently on at Preston 

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not really. I doubt very much Stoke will be offering the same T's and C's as he is currently on at Preston 

I disagree. He will be on good wages already at Preston and he'd be on even more if they got promoted. It would be an extremely risky move to go to a club that is so poorly run on all levels and that has already damaged the career prospects of several managers in recent years. He would have to be absolutely insane to go there and Stoke are out of their minds to think they could attract someone like him considering their current situation.

2 hours ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I understand why they do it, of course, but Stoke really do like stealing other clubs' managers and ruining their reputations don't they?

Why any manager currently employed would even consider going there is beyond me.

Its toxic there right now, even as a theoretical "step up" it could be a very risky career move.

If you're Alex Neil and looking good with a PNE team you've build, the only possible explanation to go yo Stoke is £££££ but it wouldn't be an easy job to take on.

Apparently Neil has reiterated his commitment to PNE, so, looking good for the pulis inspired miseryball stonk city fans have been craving.

• 3 years later...
17 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

A PE teacher who somehow stumbled into a Premier League side.

Unbelievably out of his depth, yet the only person who doesn't seem to know that is Nathan Jones. 

He was out of his depth at Stoke, let alone the premier league. Seems like one of those managers that just clicks with a certain club and becomes synonymous with them, making them seem like world beaters, but can never recreate it elsewhere. 

There’s a good game. Name managers that fit into that category. 

I’ll start: Holloway at Blackpool. 

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

He was out of his depth at Stoke, let alone the premier league. Seems like one of those managers that just clicks with a certain club and becomes synonymous with them, making them seem like world beaters, but can never recreate it elsewhere. 

There’s a good game. Name managers that fit into that category. 

I’ll start: Holloway at Blackpool. 

Alex McLeish at Birmingham. 

Funny enough with McLeish, I actually think his situation when he arrived at NFFC was very much the same as what's going on with Jones. Replacing someone who had done pretty well before and was liked by the fans (O'Driscoll at Forest, Hassenhuttle at Saints), nobody wanted him and very quickly lost the fanbase. Some might suggest before his first game. 

Also shoutout to Brian McDermott at Reading. 

Edited by Red_Dawn

42 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Alex McLeish at Birmingham. 

Funny enough with McLeish, I actually think his situation when he arrived at NFFC was very much the same as what's going on with Jones. Replacing someone who had done pretty well before and was liked by the fans (O'Driscoll at Forest, Hassenhuttle at Saints), nobody wanted him and very quickly lost the fanbase. Some might suggest before his first game. 

Also shoutout to Brian McDermott at Reading. 

Lambert at Norwich. 

McClaren at Derby.

Edited by TigerTedd

13 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Lambert at Norwich. 

McClaren at Derby.

No way does McClaren fit. He won the Eredivisie at Twente and he won the league cup and got runners up in the UEFA cup with Middlesbrough. He's done a good job for at least 3 different clubs as head coach/manager and for even more as part of the coaching team.