Charlton Athletic (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

And just like Lampard did with Mount, Tomori and Wilson after he arrived, I think a lot of us had hoped Cocu would delve into his contacts to bring in some top loans. Instead, we got Paterson, Dowell and Hamer.

Agree, good post.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

And just like Lampard did with Mount, Tomori and Wilson after he arrived, I think a lot of us had hoped Cocu would delve into his contacts to bring in some top loans. Instead, we got Paterson, Dowell and Hamer.

And this is ultimately the problem. We struggled without Mount last season when he was injured, take Wilson and Tomori out and we are in trouble. If Lampard had this squad would we be any better? I think not. 

Anyone blaming Cocu give your heads a wobble. That was not his fault, the players were nowhere near good enough. I dont want to see Roos in a Derby shirt again, the defence was abysmal. the only thing i have against Cocu is not starting Holmes.

On to wednesday now. need a big result against Wigan... Come on you rams

2 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

The evidence of the Dutch league championships?   Possibly the wrong manager for a championshio club but not a rubbish manager all of a sudden. 

We do need to see evidence in Derby though.

I'd give him time still, though.

I thought the Brentford performance might have been a line in the sand moment but for this to happen again as soon as we play a half decent team away from home  with a bit of form is very concerning. I don’t think calling for Cocu’s head is the right answer but he needs to be having a long hard look at himself as well as his staff and review what they are doing. There is a real whiff of potential relegation battle brewing in this team and that’s not just the performances and results but also the demeanour and personality that they are transmitting from the pitch. Last season there did seem to be a togetherness that has disappeared. My biggest worry isn’t about tactics, selections or even the coaching but whether Cocu can bring the team back together and inspire them to play with a bit more heart. 

The set up is too defensive and the tempo is too slow.

The players are allowing their individual performances to drop. They are getting sloppy and lazy. The whole mentality looks wrong.

I couldn't see us scoring today unfortunately even before k.o. 

Not at all good enough, if we're honest. We are making the same mistakes over and over and we aren't learning. We can't defend set pieces, we don't create chances, in fact, I don't know what we actually do well? Our record signing holding mid is far too casual on the ball and is knocked off balance by the wind, and we're not getting better. 

We need some radical changes in January, or we need to start integrating youth more readily. Something has to change about us, because we're in for a lower mid table finish otherwise.

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Anyone blaming Cocu give your heads a wobble. That was not his fault, the players were nowhere near good enough. I dont want to see Roos in a Derby shirt again, the defence was abysmal. the only thing i have against Cocu is not starting Holmes.

On to wednesday now. need a big result against Wigan... Come on you rams

I won't give my head a wobble. Regardless on if the players are average or not, why aren't we getting better? Cocu was renowned for coaching players to improvement, why is there no tangible evidence of this? Why aren't we getting any better at defending set pieces? 

The players might be bad, but I'm not having that Cocu is blameless in all of this.

Archived