Charlton Athletic (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

You know mate, that’s not at all negative, it’s telling it like it was and is today.

Anyone dismissing it is in denial.

You have to look at what life is saying and to me it’s saying we are not good enough and average sides are making us look poor. The players do not seem to have that passion or willingness in their performance. 

no mobility in midfield 

Sorry if people don't like it Bielek is not good enough for me

IF evans is fit he would not be in my team

its quite simple we need to go 4-3-1-2 back to basis 2 up front its clear to see not rocket science 

For me pack the midfield with energy 

Roos must be replaced confidence gone 

my team against Wigan would be

Hamer

Bogle             Bielek or Evans            Davies                Lowe

Holmes         Shinnie         Knight 

Martin

Marriott                  Waghorn 

We need to get Marriott on the pitch fit and firing and for me first name on sheet

To be fair we did build todays team on a shoestring,  not like the millions we spent in 13/14 when we consistently outplayed teams.

Oh errr.

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

You have to look at what life is saying and to me it’s saying we are not good enough and average sides are making us look poor. The players do not seem to have that passion or willingness in their performance. 

Agreed players are average but so are Charlton. Sheff Utd were a league one team 3 years ago.  It is about decent man management.  Lampard inspired the players and unified them.  Would you be inspired of motivated when you look at Cocu?

Just now, GrimsbyRam said:

Agreed players are average but so are Charlton. Sheff Utd were a league one team 3 years ago.  It is about decent man management.  Lampard inspired the players and unified them.  Would you be inspired of motivated when you look at Cocu?

Not sure why anyone would need to be inspired by the way he looks. The Grande armee followed a grumpy little fat bloke across an entire continent.

Isn't it better to be inspired by ideas?

8 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

To be fair we did build todays team on a shoestring,  not like the millions we spent in 13/14 when we consistently outplayed teams.

Oh errr.

That team had been built over a number of years though, just needed a decent manager to come in and get them playing football.

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

I'm fairly sure there were some similarly insipid performances under Frank's tenure.

12 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Just a timely reminder.

In his first season in charge Cloughie lead the team to finish one place lower than the previous season.

I'm glad the internet wasn't around then.

So you think Cocu has the potential to be one of the greatest managers ever ?

???????

Left on 89th minute. First time I've ever left early. First thing I heard on the road outside, was two guys also saying the same thing, and another saying it was his second time ever leaving early.

Lots of people left as the third goal was scored.

Holmes' energy was uplifting.

COYR - next game'll be better. 

We know its not good, but surely Cocu should be given time to bring in a few more players of his choice... there have been issues with players attitude/application for years, we have been saying it was a rebuild job for years, since Wembley really, When Frank came we thought yes, its gonna happen now, and he brought in loans which did a job, then they were gone.... Ladies and Gentlemen we are back where we startef pre Frank, the job still needs doing. At some point we have to bite the bullet and let it happen, and that takes time. End of. 

10 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Hitler invaded Poland in less time.

Now I'm no scientist but annexing a country seems a bigger job than getting 11 men to play half decent football.

Pretty sure Hitler had a army of over 10 million soldiers that might be why.

Archived