Charlton Athletic (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I’m sorry 

I wanted rowett to stay ... not Cos I liked his football but because there was a game plan and to an extent it worked and with fine tuning it may have got us more 

i certainly wanted frank to stay and build on the collectiveness and feel good factor he had built 

but this ... I can’t get behind this 

I’m sorry Iv had enough 

cocu out 

this simply isn’t good enough and I don’t think he’s got a clue what it entails to be a successful championship club 

Well tbf everybody wanted Frank to stay, so that's a moot point.

As for Rowett, well let's just say you were wrong to want to keep him *IF* you are remotely bothered by what he's achieved since. And the fact that he's not had to bother his bank to deposit a paycheck in 10-months.

5 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I don’t rate Holmes as highly as most - been very sloppy this season

He certainly isn’t a central midfielder 

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Bennett is as much a natural finisher as he is a tee totaller. 

At least he has pace and power unlike many we select 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Sean Dyche: The minimum requirement, is maximum effort. There’s been one game this season imo when we’ve seen that, and that was against brum.

Seems to me that they did the whole PR push of seeming like a united team after the whole drink driving saga and managed to get the win against Birmingham then that's all been forgotten and it's back to the usual.

Can't wait for the usual post match poo of cliches and filler

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

He must have sanctioned them?  I have never heard of Derby manager having no say in them.   It is obvious that replacing Carson with Hamer is a downgrade. Same with Clark (Tomori), Paterson (Wilson), Dowell (Mount).  That must be obvious to nearly everybody that has ever watched a football match.

Cocu had been here about 5 minutes when the signings were made.  He no doubt sanctioned them but must've been reliant on advice of others.  They would've been working on transfers long before Cocu arrived.

6 minutes ago, REDCAR said:

Impossible to replace Mount, Wilson and Tomori.... with no budget.

No budget? We signed a player for ten million, brought loan players in from two premiers club and an ex premier club and will be soon to be spewing thousands on Rooney's wages....don't understand.

Conor Gallagher is a prime example. Good young hungry player.  Massive reputation.  I suspect we will be paying more for Dowell as Charlton have a very limited budget.

Can’t watch any more, left and gone to pub.

To be honest though expected nothing this season, and I’m surprised anyone else other than those on the clubs payroll thought any different.

The disappointing thing for me though is that we have gone backwards, players who were deemed surplus to requirements having to come in to plug gaps not filled by the recruitment team.

Not blaming them, but we are moving backwards not forwards, chasing global domination of the football market before we even get the basics right of getting out of this division. The club needs fixing, but until we get it right off the field, no chance on it.

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

Well tbf everybody wanted Frank to stay, so that's a moot point.

As for Rowett, well let's just say you were wrong to want to keep him *IF* you are remotely bothered by what he's achieved since. And the fact that he's not had to bother his bank to deposit a paycheck in 10-months.

At the time I wanted Rowett to say, because season 2 we'd have been better at being a Rowett team. What's happened with Rowett since has well and truely burst his bubble, and I wouldn't invite him back.

I do genuinely think giving managers time is far to rare these days. It maddeningly seems like our players are just incapable of doing whats being asked of them in an effective way.

Just now, Blondest Goat said:

Cocu had been here about 5 minutes when the signings were made.  He no doubt sanctioned them but must've been reliant on advice of others.  They would've been working on transfers long before Cocu arrived.

And just like Lampard did with Mount, Tomori and Wilson after he arrived, I think a lot of us had hoped Cocu would delve into his contacts to bring in some top loans. Instead, we got Paterson, Dowell and Hamer.

Archived