Charlton Athletic (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Anyone blaming Cocu give your heads a wobble. That was not his fault, the players were nowhere near good enough. I dont want to see Roos in a Derby shirt again, the defence was abysmal. the only thing i have against Cocu is not starting Holmes.

On to wednesday now. need a big result against Wigan... Come on you rams

Don’t agree - you are saying he should take no responsibility for such a poor performance?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet another London weekend ruined by shocking away performance..... again!

Cocu hasn’t really sorted anything with our defensive frailties at corners, that has nothing to do with systems. Midfield so unbalanced it was painfully slow to get anything going. Nothing linking final third, Martin isolated and odd breaks he was even having to go wide, I mean what the heck?

All in all, very disappointing.

2 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

The evidence of the Dutch league championships?   Possibly the wrong manager for a championshio club but not a rubbish manager all of a sudden. 

Cocu is in for a real fight for his job hear,agreed we have average players but we are not learning at all and begs the question what are we doing on the training ground,Charlton proved today you do not need super stars to win games and the same went for Norwich last season

As for his management skills in Holland he was at a club who you would expect to be in the top two or three no questions,its like taking the Celtic job a muppet would get you trophy's as the opposition is so weak.There is no easy games in the Championship you have to be bang at it all 90 mins and we are far from that

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

He’s not in the Dutch League he’s in the EFL. 

This is the one issue I had with his appointment. We’re we getting someone who could/would understand this division.

We had a similar issue with Lampard, he didn’t understand the division either and it showed until he started to get it in the latter stages of the season.

I fear we have a good manager, but if he doesn’t adapt to the division we will struggle because the division sure as hell won’t adapt to his style. I did hope he’d turned the corner when he finally included Shinnie, Im hoping that wasn’t a stroke of luck!

15 minutes ago, Squid said:

Anyone blaming Cocu give your heads a wobble. That was not his fault, the players were nowhere near good enough. I dont want to see Roos in a Derby shirt again, the defence was abysmal. the only thing i have against Cocu is not starting Holmes.

On to wednesday now. need a big result against Wigan... Come on you rams

Really?...do you watch the way he sets his sides up away? Do you see how he has to make wholesale changes nearly every match both in terms of personnel and system. Since the first game of the season away, apart from Leeds (who should have scored plenty), we are conceding two or three each game. We have not kept a clean sheet. He is clueless and this is an absolute joke.  

He has a net spend higher than Pearson, Rowett and Lampard and people are questioning him not having a budget.

Rowett's football was gash but we weren't getting d1cked like this away all the time. 

2 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Cocu is in for a real fight for his job hear,agreed we have average players but we are not learning at all and begs the question what are we doing on the training ground,Charlton proved today you do not need super stars to win games and the same went for Norwich last season

As for his management skills in Holland he was at a club who you would expect to be in the top two or three no questions,its like taking the Celtic job a muppet would get you trophy's as the opposition is so weak.There is no easy games in the Championship you have to be bang at it all 90 mins and we are far from that

In hindsight its not looking like the amazing appointment that almost everyone thought is it?  

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Not at all good enough, if we're honest. We are making the same mistakes over and over and we aren't learning. We can't defend set pieces, we don't create chances, in fact, I don't know what we actually do well? Our record signing holding mid is far too casual on the ball and is knocked off balance by the wind, and we're not getting better. 

We need some radical changes in January, or we need to start integrating youth more readily. Something has to change about us, because we're in for a lower mid table finish otherwise.

You know mate, that’s not at all negative, it’s telling it like it was and is today.

Anyone dismissing it is in denial.

Goal 1 - Bogle and Davies not tracking the movement of Williams. Clarke not right enough to Bonne.

Goal 2 - Roos left stranded. Davies fails to compete for the ball in the air. 

Goal 3 - Shinnie left his man unmarked on the edge of the area and too slow to close him down. 

That defensive diamond (GK, CBs and DM) seems to be our Achilles heel at the moment. Hopefully Evans can come in and add a bit of what’s missing in defence. We desperately need to get another CB in January. Bielik needs to start putting some performances in too.

TBH most level headed people ruled us out of top 6 after our shambolic market

Issue is lack of progress, the performances

Makes no difference whether we come 18th or 8th

Issue is we dont create enough chances, dont even look like scoring at times. Spine way too weak

Ok it's not cucu fault it's the players fault its roos fault?.

Who picks these players ever week.  remember this guy nearly got the biggest club in Turkey relegated 

13 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Really?...do you watch the way he sets his sides up away? Do you see how he has to make wholesale changes nearly every match both in terms of personnel and system. He is clueless and this is an absolute joke.  

He has a net spend higher than Pearson, Rowett and Lampard and people are questioning him not having a budget.

Rowett's football was gash but we weren't getting d1cked like this away all the time. 

Just now, Hector74 said:

Ok it's not cucu fault it's the players fault its roos fault?.

Who picks these players ever week.  remember this guy nearly got the biggest club in Turkey relegated 

don't know why you are quoting me when Im being critical of Cocu?

I’ve just got home to see the result ... stats really don’t say much 60% possession ... 1 shot on target .... it’s all very simple we pass out from the back then don’t have the players with the skill to break down any defence at all ... a lot of delusional talk of how we will be ok ... you give me one instance this season that we have played a good game for 90 minutes ... just one ... anyone ... anyone ...  I hear nothing !!!!!

Archived