Charlton Athletic (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m sorry 

I wanted rowett to stay ... not Cos I liked his football but because there was a game plan and to an extent it worked and with fine tuning it may have got us more 

i certainly wanted frank to stay and build on the collectiveness and feel good factor he had built 

but this ... I can’t get behind this 

I’m sorry Iv had enough 

cocu out 

this simply isn’t good enough and I don’t think he’s got a clue what it entails to be a successful championship club 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

That's letting Cocu off far too easily. There is no way he didn't sign off on 10 million for Bielik.

But it's not like he was monitoring Bielik last season with a view to signing him for Derby. He didn't even know he would be manager here.  He would've been very reliant on other people's opinions. 

1 minute ago, ramit said:

You can go far with average players if they have the right mentality and a fighting spirit.  That's the manager's job to instill into them and Cocu isn't.

I'd change that a tad.

You can go far with average players if they have the right mentality and a fighting spirit. AND a couple of quality players in with them.

11 average players are unlikely to get you anything much past average.

What I mean (and I think I'm agreeing with you), a lot of the Derby players would be fine if they were just put in a better decision. This team does not need gutting.

Roos needs gutting, but not the team. 

3 minutes ago, ramit said:

You can go far with average players if they have the right mentality and a fighting spirit.  That's the manager's job to instill into them and Cocu isn't.

You are very correct,look at the starting line ups today how many Charlton players would you take and put them straight in to our team,one perhaps two at best yet we are being totally outplayed in every department

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not one for knee jerk reactions but many more performances like this and Cocu will be coming under a lot of pressure. 

Lethargic after a 2 week break, 1 shot on target. Need to see some green shoots from somewhere rather than waiting for the arrival of Rooney.

1 shot in total. Which just happened to be on target. To Charlton 9 shots 6 on target (according to bbc).

Whatever the precise data..it does seem undeniably poor.

I went for 3-0 the other way....madness.

Boro losing again so looks like a toss up between cocu and woodgate to see who gets sacked first.......

3 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

I don't believe he had much to do with any of the signings. 

He must have sanctioned them?  I have never heard of Derby manager having no say in them.   It is obvious that replacing Carson with Hamer is a downgrade. Same with Clark (Tomori), Paterson (Wilson), Dowell (Mount).  That must be obvious to nearly everybody that has ever watched a football match.

3 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'd change that a tad.

You can go far with average players if they have the right mentality and a fighting spirit. AND a couple of quality players in with them.

11 average players are unlikely to get you anything much past average.

What I mean (and I think I'm agreeing with you), a lot of the Derby players would be fine if they were just put in a better decision. This team does not need gutting.

Roos needs gutting, but not the team. 

True, a quality player or two does do wonders

i have defended Roos and still think he could become a good keeper but i don't think he is getting the right coaching.  A tall guy like that should be dominating the box, told by his GK coach that the box is his property.

1 minute ago, GrimsbyRam said:

He must have sanctioned them?  I have never heard of Derby manager having no say in them.   It is obvious that replacing Carson with Hamer is a downgrade. Same with Clark (Tomori), Paterson (Wilson), Dowell (Mount).  That must be obvious to nearly everybody that has ever watched a football match.

Impossible to replace Mount, Wilson and Tomori.... with no budget.

Archived