Charlton Athletic (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Blondest Goat said:

Think we need to give Cocu time to bring in his own players.  Can't really judge him properly until then.  Plus he needs to adapt to a new league in a new country.  Needs time.  But totally get your point. We don't seem to be learning anything do we? 

Judging by his signings so far, I'd be really worried in giving him time to bring in his own players. 

Still love dcfc but never had such little love for any group of players. This is a result of continuously changing managers and an awful recruitment team. Genuinely think we could get relegated. Half of me thinks this wouldn't be so bad as we could clear out and start again. This is not a sticking plaster job, this is a reset and start again 

1 minute ago, ramboy63 said:

This is the worse playing staff we have had for a decade,if this continues we could be in trouble real trouble

We have a lot of lightweights nowadays compared to very decent hardworking players like Wieman and Russell who helped the central midfielders  immensely 

1 minute ago, Blondest Goat said:

We've got average players.   We had three prem quality players last year and looked average on plenty of occasions. 

You can go far with average players if they have the right mentality and a fighting spirit.  That's the manager's job to instill into them and Cocu isn't.

Being sensible for a moment.

I really think he was stiffed over the loanees.

We all know that is the difference from last season in large part.

He had no chance to do anything on that because he didn't know the division and he wouldn't  have had the contacts to reach out to.

This is clearly very poor, but I want to see him given a full off season.

Of course, if we lose the first game of next season then axe him before he's got down the tunnel and put the call in for Mac3

7 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

That was down to Roos 100%

He was way out of position.

He should have been sat at home drinking a bovril and perusing job sites.

I don’t know what’s happened to him. I liked him when he first came into the side last season but he’s gone backwards. He’s tall but he doesn’t use his height at all, he plays like he’s 5 foot 1. And he’s built like a twig which makes us vulnerable from crosses, he needs to fill out.  Would like to see Hamer in for the next few games.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

But wasn't that the point in a coach, to improve the players? He spent 10 million on Bielik, does that look like he's spending money well? 

Our manager has virtually zero say over the cost of a player and frankly I don't really think they have a great deal of choice for who they bring in. Our god awful recruitment team present a list of options and then the manager supposedly gets to pick someone from that list. For all we know Bielik was the least worst on that list, but it was a position Cocu wanted to strengthen. I do agree that we shouldn't be spending £10 mill on a player who has basically only played in league 1 up to this point.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He's posted about us getting relegated like 3 times on this thread. 

Not just on this thread. You should see some of the stuff he posts in the Forest thread ?

25 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

If you wouldn't mind.

I have my thesaurus to hand if you need any help.

No problem, Disheartening. Mind-numbing. Uninspiring. I just want ducking entertaining!  

Just now, Andicis said:

Genuine question, if Cocu was English and more unfashionable, would people be okay with this?

It's Phillip Cocu, how on earth can we be so poo?

He's quite obviously not an idiot, but this is poor beyond belief.

I hesitate to say it, but the players don't look like they're buying into it.

In which case, get rid of the players, not the manager, they've seen off multiple managers of many styles.

They might pick up under another manager, maybe even enough to flirt with the play offs, but they'll fall short again, as sure as night follows day, and we'll be back to square one.

I can't be arsed with this bunch anymore tbh, an unlikable bunch of Billy Big baalocks who seemingly do as they please with impunity.

They've spunked Mel's money up the wall, and are laughing all the way into a nice retirement while not seemingly giving a poo.

Archived