Charlton Athletic (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Who was that guy we had on loan?

Fleur or something during the brown times?

No idea. I have a dead spot when I moved over here in 2006 over here and before I had RamsTV.

I think on balance that period was the good old days when I was happy on a Saturday for no good reason.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Genuine question, if Cocu was English and more unfashionable, would people be okay with this?

Think we need to give Cocu time to bring in his own players.  Can't really judge him properly until then.  Plus he needs to adapt to a new league in a new country.  Needs time.  But totally get your point. We don't seem to be learning anything do we? 

Just now, Blondest Goat said:

Think we need to give Cocu time to bring in his own players.  Can't really judge him properly until then.  Plus he needs to adapt to a new league in a new country.  Needs time.  But totally get your point. We don't seem to be learning anything do we? 

Absolutely. But even without his own players, multiple 3-0 losses away from home isn't really okay, is it? He's supposed to be a great coach and improving the players, I'm failing to see what we're improving on. We're painfully average. 

I'm not one for knee jerk reactions but many more performances like this and Cocu will be coming under a lot of pressure. 

Lethargic after a 2 week break, 1 shot on target. Need to see some green shoots from somewhere rather than waiting for the arrival of Rooney.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Absolutely. But even without his own players, multiple 3-0 losses away from home isn't really okay, is it? He's supposed to be a great coach and improving the players, I'm failing to see what we're improving on. We're painfully average. 

We've got average players.   We had three prem quality players last year and looked average on plenty of occasions. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He's posted about us getting relegated like 3 times on this thread. 

Give him a break. He found a tenner today,  poor lad is devastated cause it wasn't a twenty. 

Just now, Blondest Goat said:

We've got average players.   We had three prem quality players last year and looked average on plenty of occasions. 

But wasn't that the point in a coach, to improve the players? He spent 10 million on Bielik, does that look like he's spending money well? 

Bowyer is going to the top, brilliant stuff from Charlton despite their off the field issues. Goes to show you don’t need to spend spend spend to be successful. You need a good team spirit to go far. We look like a team full of individuals rather than a team like charlton

1 minute ago, Blondest Goat said:

Cocu has had long enough to impart his ‘philosophy’ to the squad. Most of the players are going backwards performance-wise and I honestly cannot see what he is trying to achieve. 

Archived