Keogh out for the season

RoyMac5

31 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Oddly I don't think they'd get gross misconduct to stick - Because it took place outside the workplace

Bringing the employer into disrepute a much simpler and usually easier to prove (assuming you don't have a history as an employer of letting people get away with these things)

I don't personally and will always and forever judge the three of them as idiots

However - I also believe in the rule of law, punishment and rehabilitation 

Sky ran an article saying there might be insurance issues around sacking him - Mind you the insurance might not pay out anyway according to the article

Wouldn’t think the insurance would be valid, but you’d think there’s somewhere in the contract written that if you injure yourself doing something reckless and not permitted by the club, then the clubs allowed to terminate your employment.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I completely intend to, and every other game they play for us after that. 

Out of interest - why?

Is it to continuosly and repetitively allow others to know specifically how you feel about those players? Or to try and upset them (even though they won't hear you)?

Just trying to get my head around it, especially as you suggest you intend on committing to this in "every other game they play for us."

6 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Keogh could sue the driver even if he knew the driver was pisssed. Even if he was pisssed as well and knew the driver was that only makes him partly liable and limits his damages. If Keogh was unconscious he will be better off! The insurance will pay and then claim it back off Lawrence 

If he failed to secure his seat belt and was conscious when he got in then that will certainly alter matters.

55 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Assume you will be booing Wayne Rooney as well then?

52 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Nope, what Rooney did was equally as reprehensible, but he did it for another club, 2 years ago, and nobody got hurt (luckily). The crime is the same, but it's also been 2 years. If Rooney does it again for Derby, then I certainly would. But I'd like to believe he would have learned his lesson.

Thing is people say the crime was the same, and I sort of agree, but in the eyes of the law the two cases were different.

Rooney, while over the limit, was pulled over, he wasn't in an accident, there was no evidence of reckless driving, no one was injured.

So you could argue that he was lucky no one got hurt and as such should be treated the same, but if we are going to say that then we should treat Lawrence and Bennett the same as any drink driver who has killed someone.

Rooney didn't do time, there is a good chance one or both of the Derby players could.

1 hour ago, Smyth_18 said:

jeeeeze. It's getting a bit heated in here. 

Remember, before you start name calling another poster, you are essentially calling your computer. You know absolutely nothing about the other poster.

When  you've been on here a while, you tend to know far more about some folk than you'd like to......?

Looking at the latest news on Keogh it will be 15 months at best before he recovers from the injury add another 2 to 3 months on top of that to get match ready pretty much means he is finished as a Derby player,however if Derby do try to sack him for misconduct to save money it would also mean the end for Bennett and Lawrence so we will have to see how this plays out

32 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wouldn’t think the insurance would be valid, but you’d think there’s somewhere in the contract written that if you injure yourself doing something reckless and not permitted by the club, then the clubs allowed to terminate your employment.

I dunno - Think it would create a slippery slope for less pleasant owners to take advantage - Wasn't there a story recently of a player getting injured playing with their kids at home? I know it's not the same but a nasty piece of work owner could use it in the same way if a precedent was set

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Thing is people say the crime was the same, and I sort of agree, but in the eyes of the law the two cases were different.

Rooney, while over the limit, was pulled over, he wasn't in an accident, there was no evidence of reckless driving, no one was injured.

So you could argue that he was lucky no one got hurt and as such should be treated the same, but if we are going to say that then we should treat Lawrence and Bennett the same as any drink driver who has killed someone.

Rooney didn't do time, there is a good chance one or both of the Derby players could.

Only slightly different surely? The underlying crime is operating a vehicle while impaired by alcohol not whether you actually had a accident or not (unless you cause a death in which case the punishment can be much more severe).

36 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Out of interest - why?

Is it to continuosly and repetitively allow others to know specifically how you feel about those players? Or to try and upset them (even though they won't hear you)?

Just trying to get my head around it, especially as you suggest you intend on committing to this in "every other game they play for us."

Because I don't think they should play for our club, simply. I don't care if it doesn't have an impact, it would make me feel better. 

Keogh not wearing a seat belt (To be confirmed I imagine) probably invalidates any insurance we could obtain.

I'm also sure a fellow employee (Lawrence) of his club causing the accident will invalidate it.

There is a lot to come out legally from this (Most of which we will never see or hear about).

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Killed his own legacy. Would have gone down as one of my favourite players ever, can't stand him anymore. If he was honourable he would let Derby cancel his contract, but I'm sure he'll still be getting paid to sit in the medical bay for something that's his own fault.

Perfectly put. And I dont want to hear 'everybody needs money' as on the money he has been receiving for years, he should be very very comfortably set for life.

Archived