v Brentford (A) Match Thread

jimbo jones

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope people understand my lack of desire to write a report on the second half ? 

In summary: Better than the first half; but no-one who started has managed to hit "average" on the old performance scale. Holmes and Bennett have looked fine since coming on. They've achieved "average". 

7 minutes ago, superzak said:

We are relegation fodder no matter who the manager is. Its time to regroup..get rid of roos.. huddlestone..and that clown from everton and start again. Remit stay in this league and go again next season.

So getting rid of Roos would solve the problems please just because you don’t like him there is no need to pick him out of the many better targets today

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

If they're gonna start claiming their hurt whenever a Derby player touches them, may as well release some of this frustration and actually start kicking them. Especially Huddlestone, he could do with a red card.

Huddlestone gets a red card and a 3 match ban.

Derby appeal and win the appeal.

Huddlestone gets banned for 7 games.

Interestingly Brentford's version of moneyball was to use stats to select players who were unknowns. During the same period our version of moneyball was to sign players who were the high profile 'stars' from contender teams. Johnson and Butterfield being good examples. Our shift towards home grown youngsters is a better plan in my opinion, but can come unstuck against a side like Brentford who have been decent for a while.

Archived