v Brentford (A) Match Thread

jimbo jones

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Take Huddlestone off, bring Clark on and move Bielik into midfield.

That’s got to be the one standout move, we need more urgency in the middle.

Hopefully with Holmes alongside Bielik and Bogle back soon, the midfield will look better.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well there is only one positive to come from that game 

Cocu must have learnt so much about so many of what he has 

we knew in the summer that the midfield was shte,

we are lucky we've got knight because the rest are shocking - Lawrence, huddlestone, jozefzoon, and the players we've recruited offer very little, and the balance was/ is totally wrong. 

At his best huddz brings control but more often he is poor. Too deep. Too slow. Too casual. And like yawning, its infectious and starts affecting others. 

16 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Don't forget...

spacer.png

?

He has an abundance of ability though. Most of our players don't.Not convinced about Cocu but he is trying to make a silk purse out of sows ears. Mount Wilson and Tomori couldn't carry last years lot to success.we have very little quality overall.We seem to have gone back to Clements time and the kids are suffering.

Cocu showing some absolute fire with his post match interview.

But apparently he doesn’t have any charisma, so he doesn’t inspire. That post match interview showed me a lot about the man, he was p*ssed off, an angry guy.

Prove everyone wrong Phil and come back fighting in a couple of weeks.

COYRs!

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Focus on the league?

We are 6 games in.

Tuesday had no bearing on today.

You must agree Squad morale and winning mentality throughout helps?

Surely the opposite applies when you are getting spanked and not even mustering shots on target? 

We relied on three youngsters last year. Bielek must have been signed to replace Huddlestone but for some bizarre reason he is not trying him there. It’s not like we have won our last four and there’s an argument not to change a winning team. Our ‘own players’ im the whole are not good enough.  The togetherness that Lampard created has gone already

18 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Notice that it's finally sinking in with a few people that success in Holland doesn't necessarily translate to success in the championship.  We shouldve recruited a manager who's actually proven themselves in the division. 

Who?

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

And play who instead?

Shinnie? Paterson?

Bogle in a leg brace?

More kids?

The kids aren't ready. The senior players aren't good enough. The three loanees covered up the cracks last year.

None of that is Cocu's fault. He needs to be given time. He didn't have a chance in such a short preseason.

Those suggesting Pullis....I despair.

UTR ? 

Not pulis i agree...but i bet gary never suffered back to back 3-0s

12 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

To be fair to Cocu, although it sounded like an atrocious performance, he picked exactly the same team last week and they held WBA to a draw.

Yes in that game we both only scored via penalties, but we looked fairly solid in defence and then we get cut so open this week with the same team. It's bizarre we can go from one extreme to the other in the blink of an eye, most teams in this league manage to keep the same team out game by game and not get such wildly differing performances, the changed team in midweek should make no difference to this as only 1 of them played.

No shots on target isn't good at all and I'd much prefer us to be free flowing and free scoring, but if you stop them scoring you'd still get a draw and building from the back seems a good starting point, it's difficult to do that when we're so inconsistent. Are we needing to go more defensive away from home?

Sounds like you want to go with how Rowett set his team up, fans hated him, but we still got in the play offs with a ageing team, but that needed changing , at the moment we have a young team who need support, they will not get that with some Derby fans  but it's only 6 games in and the patience of some have gone already, please let's start to judge after 16 games have gone, we need to stay together as a club and supporters need to support this young new team, success will come but it will take time.

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Surely the opposite applies when you are getting spanked and not even mustering shots on target? 

We relied on three youngsters last year. Bielek must have been signed to replace Huddlestone but for some bizarre reason he is not trying him there. It’s not like we have won our last four and there’s an argument not to change a winning team. Our ‘own players’ im the whole are not good enough.  The togetherness that Lampard created has gone already

He has said he will play there, but its a more physically demanding role (midfield) and Bielek isnt totally match fit yet. So i expect him to be there after the int break. 

Next 4 games are vital now, October the 5th after the Luton home match will be the day he gets the sack if we keep on loosing. We have Cardiff and Leeds next 2 games which will be very tough and we will need to be much better to manage even a point from them 2 as negative as that sounds. Then Barnsley away and Luton at home are 2 games we have to be getting atleast 4 points from,  if we keep on playing like today things will get very ugly very quickly. First thing he has to do is shake up the midfield and get Dowell and Huddlestone out the team, I would go for Bielik and Evans as a solid base to protect the defence, then with Holmes in the 10 role, Paterson in a left attacking midfield role and Waghorn on the right with Marriott up front and we will be significantly better than what we are now. With Bogle back that should also help a lot as then we can get Lowe in at left back and the inexperienced Buchannan out the side for his own sake the same goes for Knight. Not having ago at them, but I don't think they are the answer and if the play in a struggling team it will hurt their confidence. 

Bogle and Holmes back in the team from the start will help things.

But our squad isn't promotion challenging material at the moment. No getting around that.

Final day of the transfer window is looking like a bigger disappointment all the time.

Just now, nfb said:

He has said he will play there, but its a more physically demanding role (midfield) and Bielek isnt totally match fit yet. So i expect him to be there after the int break. 

Well I watched Huddlestone strolling around all day with not much effort. Bielek was powering past him. He should have already been in that position and if not fit for 90, bring him off rather than play elsewhere for 90

6 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Cocu showing some absolute fire with his post match interview.

But apparently he doesn’t have any charisma, so he doesn’t inspire. That post match interview showed me a lot about the man, he was p*ssed off, an angry guy.

Prove everyone wrong Phil and come back fighting in a couple of weeks.

COYRs!

Great post mate, let us fans come back refresh and get behind the boys against Cardiff and lets get the 3 points, a few goals, and let's start bouncing again for ducks sake.

5 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Sounds like you want to go with how Rowett set his team up, fans hated him, but we still got in the play offs with a ageing team, but that needed changing , at the moment we have a young team who need support, they will not get that with some Derby fans  but it's only 6 games in and the patience of some have gone already, please let's start to judge after 16 games have gone, we need to stay together as a club and supporters need to support this young new team, success will come but it will take time.

after 10 games we can judge and if we are in the bottom 3 getting embarrassed like today he should go as cut throat as that is, after 16 games too much damage will already have been done if we keep on playing like today and like Forest and Bristol for that matter.

8 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Obviously winning games helps. 

Likewise fans turning on the team after 5 or 6 games doesn't help.

Bogle/Bielik/Marriott could be major parts of this team unfortunately a proportion of our fans would see the manager sacked before these players are even up to full fitness.

I'm angry as anyone about today's performance because I hate to see professional footballers not doing the basics.

The overreaction though is pathetic and symptomatic of our 'fanbase' these days. 

I genuinely preferred it when we were building something under Nigel Clough with 20,000 real fans.

10 minutes ago, nfb said:

So how the hell is Hudds playing there, he's never done anything physically demanding in his life! ? I mean seriously.

8 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

after 10 games we can judge and if we are in the bottom 3 getting embarrassed like today he should go as cut throat as that is, after 16 games too much damage will already have been done if we keep on playing like today and like Forest and Bristol for that matter.

Not at all, most right minded fans new it would take time, we are playing lots of youngsters who need our support not booing them and shouting poo at them, it will take time, but in the end it will work, I bet you wanted Jimbo out of the job, bottom of the table in October and looked want happened in the end, plenty of games in the championship and after 16 games you still have 90 points to play for. 

Archived