v Brentford (A) Match Thread

jimbo jones

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Whoneedshuls said:

Only upside last few games is eric Steele on radio Derby ? 

Really enjoying the commentary today even if the football is crap. It helps that we don't have a negative feedback loop with Ramage.

1 minute ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Recruit in the right areas perhaps?....Keogh Right back and Clarke or Davies Centre Back? lots of options that make more sense

Yeah because Cocu can see into the future and predict our starting RB is going to get injured in his home first game. We were on a limited budget already and you want Cocu to spend a chunk of it on a RB when we already have 2 at the club.

Keogh is needed at CB, Clarke and Davies are both so slow it looks like they're running in treacle.

I can understand you being upset about the performance today and by all means vent but this is a stupid topic to get upset about.

Just now, GenBr said:

Really enjoying the commentary today even if the football is crap. It helps that we don't have a negative feedback loop with Ramage.

I am amazed there is anything that could be said to put this in a positive light..our most attacking threat has been Holmes' long throw?

2 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

It worked for Southampton, wolves, Sheffield united and Norwich. 

Knowing us we would probably stay there for 7 years, and our new ambition would be becoming a midtable championship side, no matter how you look at it , it would be a disaster. It won't happen though, we will hire someone like Pulis to keep us up before Christmas if it started to look very bad and were playing like today on a consistent basis.

Just now, lrm14 said:

Yeah because Cocu can see into the future and predict our starting RB is going to get injured in his home first game. We were on a limited budget already and you want Cocu to spend a chunk of it on a RB when we already have 2 at the club.

Keogh is needed at CB, Clarke and Davies are both so slow it looks like they're running in treacle.

I can understand you being upset about the performance today and by all means vent but this is a stupid topic to get upset about.

So Derby (as a club) could not see Wisdom had been injured for ages? ....naive. Loan until January would have been sensible.

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

Knowing us we would probably stay there for 7 years, and our new ambition would be becoming a midtable championship side, no matter how you look at it , it would be a disaster. It won't happen though, we will hire someone like Pulis to keep us up before Christmas if it was looking very bad.

I do struggle how we can afford to pay off cocu and his team and then find somebody else.  Do you have any idea.  Mel is already throwing fortunes at this

1 minute ago, GrimsbyRam said:

I am amazed there is anything that could be said to put this in a positive light..our most attacking threat has been Holmes' long throw?

There is nothing good about it, but Steele commentates on the game rather than being in a competition with Dawes to see who can be the most depressing commentator. I already know the game is crap - I don't need them whining about it as well.

Marriott gets the ball twice in the area in quick succession. Both times he trips over the ball.

I think that basically sums us up. Even the good players have forgotten how to play. What chance do we have ? 

Archived