v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

9 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Not sure what your point is. Like I say, no other Rams manager would have put this team out. Every game against the red dogs means something to a Rams fan - it’s not a game to give the youth or the second string a run out in. Piss poor decision making by Cocu.

My point is that you made absolutely no point.

Judging by 50% of the comments on here I'd say your attempt at speaking on behalf of all Derby fans is misguided.

Of course we all want to win every game but some people are also happy to look at the bigger picture.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Am I the only one who is a bit worried about how much pressure this selection now puts on us to get a win against Brentford?

Going to be an absolute meltdown if we lose that game. 

Well the first team aren’t exactly a lot better than this lot so I’m not holding out much hope

3 minutes ago, Saity said:

Why is it naive?? His remit was to promote youngsters and how can Cocu judge youngsters? by watching under23 games ?? He will have a good young Derby side but it will take time 

Come on Saity, surely you don’t think the side he’s put out tonight is the right one for a game of this importance? Yes blood the youngsters by all means, but not away to Forest FFS. This game, any game against this lot matters.

3 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I think the forest fan raises the most pertinent point in that we are not playing the youth- we are playing 4. The rest are our squad players who are unfortunately going to be needed this season and the sad reality is they are not that great. Even more unfortunately the first 11 aren’t that great either and we will have a mid table finish this season.  Let’s accept it and worry about the amazon rainforest, Donald trump and boris Johnson instead. And moths. I hate moths more than forest, probably because my house is infested with them. If my home was infested with 1cm high forest fans tonight’s game might be of greater importance. Moths are bad and surely we can all agree on that. 

Plus 4 new players and Holmes who's gaining match fitness.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Am I the only one who is a bit worried about how much pressure this selection now puts on us to get a win against Brentford?

Going to be an absolute meltdown if we lose that game. 

I doubt you’re the only one who thinks this, but the reality is there is no extra pressure than any other game.  

There will be meltdown, because it’s habit .  Whether there should be a meltdown is a different matter.

Just now, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

The biggest game in Notts Forest’s season never involves them. The fact they are still singing about Bobby Zamora demonstrates that. Tinpot. Moral superiority intact. 

yeah, cos our muppets never sing about collymore any more do they?

Archived