v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

1 minute ago, Saity said:

really don’t think Bennett will ever get any better than he is now 

I've said it on a different thread, but Bennett is League One standard. He's 23 now, and not looked anywhere near Championship standard so far. People still seem to think of him as a kid with potential, but if he is he's going to have to start showing it fast.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jayram said:

Come on Saity, surely you don’t think the side he’s put out tonight is the right one for a game of this importance? Yes blood the youngsters by all means, but not away to Forest FFS. This game, any game against this lot matters.

The thing is if you don't blood youngsters in cup matches then you do it in league games. You can't pick an 'easy' match in the Championship so you put at risk 3 points which could be crucial come the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

My point is that you made absolutely no point.

Judging by 50% of the comments on here I'd say your attempt at speaking on behalf of all Derby fans is misguided.

Of course we all want to win every game but some people are also happy to look at the bigger picture.

Well, we’ll have to agree to disagree G Star but the concern is that yet another poor result, this time against our biggest rivals, is just going to pile pressure on the team so early on in the season. 

Just had to double check the fixture list as reading some posts on here tonight I thought this was a league game not the Carabao cup.

As long as we win the coffee cup and do the double over them in the league i can cope.

Just off to do some meditation.... so got to get my head round we’re not going to win the Carabao cup ?

Just now, Jayram said:

Well, we’ll have to agree to disagree G Star but the concern is that yet another poor result, this time against our biggest rivals, is just going to pile pressure on the team so early on in the season. 

Pressure from who? 

They will be under no pressure from me

When fixtures came out I wondered where any points would come from October.

We've lost one match and maybe a cup match where we tried to blood youngsters.

Talk of pressure is ridiculous and a damning indictment of how unsupportive our fanbase is when the chips are down.

If I remember rightly we had the same at points during last season.

8 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Because people are happy to sign up for a 'Transition Season' on paper, but not in reality. 

People will always judge the manager on results, with those in the league paramount. If tonight is part of our development which eventually makes us competitive at the sharp end, then it's a good decision. However, no one (Mel especially) will accept a relegation fight. A drubbing tonight and an ongoing poor run in the league, and tonight looks a very poor decision by Cocu.

I don't think we can make any judgements on the manager based only on tonight. As I tried to make clear in my previous post, what is key is the league form. Cocu has much more 'slack' than most of our previous manager. We all get he's a 'builder' and we all get we're in transition. As long as we're top half in the spring, most fans will be fine. But that doesn't mean we aren't allowed to criticise the manager - hopefully he'll answer by getting us promoted in the next few seasons.

Cocu may well regret playing so many youngsters but he will never know until he actually plays them in proper matches ...Sibley for example...very good player but not ready yet for step up same can be said for a few others but experienced players haven’t played great tonight 

15 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

4 wins out of 15 games, now that's what I call a bad start.

There was no Rams forums in 95, but if there had have been, plenty would have been calling for Jim Smiths head.

tranmere.jpg

Spot on. And lets not forget Cloughie finishing one place lower than Tim Ward in 1967/68. Plenty of 'experts' probably wanted him out too.

You often learn more about players in defeat especially fringe/young players. 100% behind Cocu's selection tonight, glad to see he hasn't let short termism get in the way of his long term plan of developing youth.

1 minute ago, Don't Panic said:

Just had to double check the fixture list as reading some posts on here tonight I thought this was a league game not the Carabao cup.

As long as we win the coffee cup and do the double over them in the league i can cope.

Just off to do some meditation.... so got to get my head round we’re not going to win the Carabao cup ?

Don’t know about Meditation, but Uri Geller maybe able to help.

Archived