v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

Just now, Ramshackled said:

I agree, play a strong team and get some momentum going for the league. A spanking tonight by Forest will do nothing for confidence or morale at the club. I've always disliked this idea of fielding a second XI

Agreed. Plus what does it achieve? Players get an extra couple days rest? Going out of cups usually has no positive bearing on league form 

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jayram said:

I hope Cocu starts getting a grip because so far I’ve seen literally nothing to suggest he knows what the duck he is doing.

Hope it doesn’t turn out like Frank De Boer at Crystal Palace, do Dutch Managers actually do well in English football? 

“Play Sibley over Dowell”

”Why not play the kids, anyone is better than Jozefzoon”

”Buchanan is better than Malone”

*Cocu plays youth players for relatively unimportant cup tie*

”ducking hell Cocu that line up is a disgrace. This is Forest and we should be wanting to win. We’d better win on Saturday now”

Well which is it? We can’t have it both ways can we? Tonight will be a big and valuable lesson for our young players and will tell Cocu lots about them. Perhaps they’re showing they aren’t quite good enough yet and perhaps it will mean our much maligned first team will be cut a little more slack. Probably not though.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How did you expect it to go?

Well,I've no problem with us blooding the youth,that's ace and I applaud it but we just haven't been particularly good either with the youth team playing or our more experienced first team..

I guess I just expected us to be,well,better than we are,given cocu's pedigree in management.

I know it's a long term project and that's understandable but I'm a little disappointed.

Let's see how the second half pans out,we will hopefully see the gaffers tactical nous turn it around.

4 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Its looking like it may well be,i like the thought of trying new blood but come on not in this game Cocu wants shooting for this 

And we have an early contender for the hyperbolic hissy fit of the night award. Strong entry too! ?

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

It'll be interesting to see what Cocu does at half time. He's not scared to make changes, will we see the introduction of a couple of subs? Marriott and Lawrence seem the obvious choices!

I’d be thinking about getting Keogh on, the challenge for Adomah’s goal was half hearted at best and Lolley’s almost non existent.

3 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Well done Phillip - a real tactical master stroke playing a reserve team against our biggest rivals. That’s really going to boost our youngsters confidence going forward isn’t it? 

I don’t expect much from what is now a bang average squad in transition, but I expect our strongest side to be put out against the red scum. 

I hope Cocu starts getting a grip because so far I’ve seen literally nothing to suggest he knows what the duck he is doing.

spacer.png

Cocu's giving some of the younger/second string players a chance to show what they're about in a fairly meaningless game. Don't see the problem. I know it's Florist but they've put out their first team and are likely to beat us. Never know, one of the young lads might step up and be the next Rams hero.

6 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Big deal. Cocu's not employed to fixate on anything related to Forest. 

If only that could be said about the fans - particular those that are there and having to endure this 

6 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

If things don't improve, Cuco will need a win on Saturday. Most fans will accept a cup defeat from a weakened side, as long as it helps the league form. Dropping to about 20th won't help things, but a win to take us back into the top half and tonight will be forgotten.

FFS, let's not start talking about must win games already.

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Hope it doesn’t turn out like Frank De Boer at Crystal Palace, do Dutch Managers actually do well in English football? 

Ronald Koeman is the only one that springs to mind. Palace fans were just as excited about De Boer as we were about Cocu. 

Too many thinking about getting stick from Forest fans (who cares really?) rather than giving young players a shot at first team action. Those moaning about Cocu's team selection would also be the same whingeing if we'd put out the first team and got one or two serious injuries, saying why did he take the risk in a cup match.

The guy can't win.

1 minute ago, Justa said:

If only that could be said about the fans - particular those that are there and having to endure this 

Yes those poor souls who volunteered to go knowing that they weren’t guaranteed to see their team win, same with every game of football.

It’s not a even a p*** take side. Half of it are experienced championship/premier league pros.

before the start one poster at least was remarking on the strength of the spine.

2 crosses 2 goals suggests it ain’t the kids letting the side down. But I’m stilling in the camp that Cocu has put out a reasonable side for this game.

hope the lads can emulate the class of 09 and fight back to win 3-2.

Jesus Christ - I am firmly in the play your strongest side regardless of competition camp, but those of you about to jump off a bridge or calling for Cocus head need to relax a bit. Who cares if we go out of this cup - we don't even get any prize money unless we get to the semi finals. Its Forest yes, but I will take them knocking us out of both cup competitions if it means we can finally get promoted.

Archived