v Huddersfield Town (A) Match Thread

Day
Message added by Day

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I understand your thinking and it has been ‘the Derby way’ to stick with the tried and trusted but I can’t see any way Cocu would pick Tom over a £10 million pound player.

I also wonder whether Cocu has seen enough of Tom Lawrence to know he’s not a battler which is often what’s needed away from home. Bennett might just get the nod.

Finally, Huddersfield are pretty good in the air and having a top header of the ball on the bench seems a waste.

I guess what I’m saying is that you may well be right but it wouldn’t in my opinion be our strongest ream for this fixture.

I also want Bielik to start, and I’m not sure the XI that started against Rangers is our best. However, if that’s what Cocu has been working with all preseason then I can see him starting Evans, Hudds, FloJo etc for this first game.

Really looking forward to this one. I think we’ll win comfortably. I know Huddersfield should be stronger than us hypothetically but I think we have more quality. 

Also if you have the relevant Sky Q subscription, you can watch this one in Ultra HD as Sky are doing some EFL games in UHD this season at last. 

29 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Really looking forward to this one. I think we’ll win comfortably. I know Huddersfield should be stronger than us hypothetically but I think we have more quality. 

Also if you have the relevant Sky Q subscription, you can watch this one in Ultra HD as Sky are doing some EFL games in UHD this season at last. 

Incidentally,you can currently get a weeks sky sports on now TV  for £2.69 with the following link which will include this match (normally £14.99)

It initially shows as £3.99 but goes to £2.69 at checkout.

Bought one myself and works fine.

https://www.cdkeys.com/top-up-cards/nowtv/now-tv-sky-sports-1-week-pass?mw_aref=74dth566

Not sure what to expect from this one,however if we set out stall out correctly and play to our strengths i don't see why we can't bag all 3 points.

Both managers new to the championship,Huddersfield having to adjust to being relageted  and all that entails,whilst we should be more motivated with new signings,,new management and our performance last season.

results went favourably over the weekend if you think Middlesbrough,Fulham and the likes are going to be in the mix, yes I know it's only the first game? but the points are worth the same and any points won or lost could be the difference come and if season.

Just hope we click tonight and go for a convincing win,bookies offering us at 3 to 1 so not sure if they know some thing we dont. But don't think Huddersfield should be a team we should be worrying about  and certainly not the team they were under Wagner.Coyr.

21 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Evans Malone

Bielik 

Shinnie Dowell

Lawrence Waghorn  Bennett

Same team for me but Clark for Evans. 

Bennett will be useful on the counter. 

Shinnie to battle away in midfield. 

Would potentially prefer Lowe at full black but don’t think Cocu favours him. 

This midfield is already more balanced than any midfield lampard put out last season. 

Roos

Bogle Keogh Clarke Malone

Bielik 

Shinnie Dowell

Lawrence

Marriott Waghorn

This is what i'd like to see, diamond, where hopefully Lawrence becomes more effective. Whether Marriott is fit enough or this formation would be in Cocu's mind is a different matter. So i expect to see 4-3-3, with Bennett and Lawrence on the wings and Waghorn up top. And probably Evans instead of Clarke

3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Incidentally,you can currently get a weeks sky sports on now TV  for £2.69 with the following link which will include this match (normally £14.99)

It initially shows as £3.99 but goes to £2.69 at checkout.

Bought one myself and works fine.

https://www.cdkeys.com/top-up-cards/nowtv/now-tv-sky-sports-1-week-pass?mw_aref=74dth566

HELP. I’ve bought the pass, they’ve sent me a code, but where do I put it? ( no rude answers thank you!) I’ve looked on sky sports and nowtv and can’t see anywhere to input it.

Whenever I think I’m  getting to grips with this interwebthingy it throws something else at me!

7 minutes ago, archram said:

HELP. I’ve bought the pass, they’ve sent me a code, but where do I put it? ( no rude answers thank you!) I’ve looked on sky sports and nowtv and can’t see anywhere to input it.

Whenever I think I’m  getting to grips with this interwebthingy it throws something else at me!

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-apply-or-enter-voucher-code

13 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Thank you. Next problem! I’ve gone through the process, applied voucher, got on to sky sports and a message saying unfortunately we were unable to complete your purchase. Any ideas?

mind you, listening to the cricket I’m not sure I want to watch it as well.

30 minutes ago, archram said:

Thank you. Next problem! I’ve gone through the process, applied voucher, got on to sky sports and a message saying unfortunately we were unable to complete your purchase. Any ideas?

mind you, listening to the cricket I’m not sure I want to watch it as well.

I did it and it worked fine. You need to go onto Now TV online, not Sky Sports. The pass is a NowTV pass. 

1 hour ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I think we’ll be well beaten in this one. These are no mugs and I’m not sure about our newly assembled midfield, although I wasn’t a fan of the previous incumbents so perhaps I’m just rambling and worried ahead of game one. ?

I concur with your concerns @Warren Hobhead; I think we’ll get a bit of a bloody nose tonight. We are a work in progress and we just don’t have enough flair or guile to do them. Hope I’m wrong; I was once before in 1996. 

47 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I did it and it worked fine. You need to go onto Now TV online, not Sky Sports. The pass is a NowTV pass. 

I had done. I used nowtv help chat - though it kept timing out as they took too long with their replies. I did manage to get the advice to uninstall the nowtv app and reinstall. It worked - I should remember that’s one step further than switch it off and on again!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. All set for tonight now. COYR

2 hours ago, archram said:

You need to download now TV if you haven't got it (it's available for iOS,android,pc and PS4) create an account,go online (doesn't seem to appear in the app)and there is an option to input your pass code.

You can then start the week whenever you want

Archived