Jump to content

v Huddersfield Town (A) Match Thread


Message added by David

Recommended Posts

Will be watching on TV in the pub after a jaunt to hooters over in the wasteland, then maybe more drinks after, looking forward to it. 

Only reason I'm not going to the match is because I'll have driven back down from Scotland Monday morning, wishing I was still up there with my dad, big rams fan (and the only proper one in the village). 

COYR. 

Oh, and a score draw for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go lads, football starts for proper again. Another mammoth journey starts right here, and every game from here on means everything. Let’s make this season one to remember and the one we actually make it to the promised land finally after all these years hey?

This match is actually one of those away games I actually think we should be winning. Huddersfield had an horrendous year last year, almost as bad as our year in 2008, so despite their obvious qualities, I think we need to take advantage of the mental hangover they’ll undoubtedly still have of their relegation so early doors, and get the win. Doesn’t need to be pretty so early in the season, but scrapping to a win here would certainly send out a message that we’re not here to make up the numbers. Starting the season on the front foot would surely boost the teams confidence and get everyone in the right winning mindset for the season ahead. Then hopefully we can start making things pretty. As is so often in this league mind, this is a match that’s impossible to call really.

Team for me:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Davies Malone

Huddlestone 

Shinnie Dowell

Josefzoon Waghorn Lawrence 

Huddersfield were absolutely awful last year, and we need to make sure we get at them from minute one so we take advantage of their Memories of how poorly they played, and don’t allow them to get out of that lull just yet. Using that to our advantage could be key to this game, it’s all about how we start, and making sure we have them on the back foot from the first minute so that premier league hangover isn’t banished in this match. They have quality widemen, so I’d tell the fullbacks not to over-advance so we don’t get caught out of position, particularly at LB where were prone to such an issue. Gotta make sure to close men down as well, mooy is capable of a screamer so we can’t give him any time near the edge of the box. And as usual, we need to address our age old weakness, and make sure we bloody practice stopping and dealing with crosses, otherwise once again they’ll be our undoing. 

I just hope we’re fit enough for this match, because in that rangers game we didn’t look ready. I fear that may hand Huddersfield the edge who will probably have had a less disrupted pre season than us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Here we go lads, football starts for proper again. Another mammoth journey starts right here, and every game from here on means everything. Let’s make this season one to remember and the one we actually make it to the promised land finally after all these years hey?

This match is actually one of those away games I actually think we should be winning. Huddersfield had an horrendous year last year, almost as bad as our year in 2008, so despite their obvious qualities, I think we need to take advantage of the mental hangover they’ll undoubtedly still have of their relegation so early doors, and get the win. Doesn’t need to be pretty so early in the season, but scrapping to a win here would certainly send out a message that we’re not here to make up the numbers. Starting the season on the front foot would surely boost the teams confidence and get everyone in the right winning mindset for the season ahead. Then hopefully we can start making things pretty. As is so often in this league mind, this is a match that’s impossible to call really.

Team for me:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Davies Malone

Huddlestone 

Shinnie Dowell

Josefzoon Waghorn Lawrence 

Huddersfield were absolutely awful last year, and we need to make sure we get at them from minute one so we take advantage of their Memories of how poorly they played, and don’t allow them to get out of that lull just yet. Using that to our advantage could be key to this game, it’s all about how we start, and making sure we have them on the back foot from the first minute so that premier league hangover isn’t banished in this match. They have quality widemen, so I’d tell the fullbacks not to over-advance so we don’t get caught out of position, particularly at LB where were prone to such an issue. Gotta make sure to close men down as well, mooy is capable of a screamer so we can’t give him any time near the edge of the box. And as usual, we need to address our age old weakness, and make sure we bloody practice stopping and dealing with crosses, otherwise once again they’ll be our undoing. 

I just hope we’re fit enough for this match, because in that rangers game we didn’t look ready. I fear that may hand Huddersfield the edge who will probably have had a less disrupted pre season than us.

Davies AND Hudds? Are we starting a walking football league? 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Davies AND Hudds? Are we starting a walking football league? 😂

Atm, there ain’t much choice. Could probably go with Evans in for one of them. Other than that, you’d probably be down to bird at cdm, with no other CB options and Thorne out injured. Just shows where we’re at atm, though hopefully we’ll have some signings in soon so it doesn’t stay that way for long. 

In all fairness, the pair of them didn’t do too bad under Rowett- though granted that was very much at a walking pace.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Atm, there ain’t much choice. Could probably go with Evans in for one of them. Other than that, you’d probably be down to bird at cdm, with no other CB options and Thorne out injured. Just shows where we’re at atm, though hopefully we’ll have some signings in soon so it doesn’t stay that way for long. 

In all fairness, the pair of them didn’t do too bad under Rowett- though granted that was very much at a walking pace.

Hopefully we will have Clarke and Bielik in before Monday’s game. Would still play Evans at CB though, Davies has looked poor in preseason and in an away game think I’d put Shinnie as the CDM 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.