v Huddersfield Town (A) Match Thread

Day
Message added by Day

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OUTSIDER said:

Last train out of huddersfield to get back into Derby is 21.16 that's cutting it fine after the game . How far is the ground from the train station? 

Cutting it very fine unless you have a time machine or plan to leave at half time. It'll be 21:30 before the game finishes surely. 

54 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Cutting it very fine unless you have a time machine or plan to leave at half time. It'll be 21:30 before the game finishes surely. 

Looking at alternative now. poo sky Monday night football 

20 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Bet you've used some nerdy spreadsheet to calculate the result, you little maths geek.

Aye you’d be wrong on that account, in my excel coursework write up towards the end I effectively wrote “can’t do this, give up”, and somehow managed to scrape a second.

I've just seen one Huddersfield fan say they have the quality to destroy us, which is an interesting outlook from a team that were the worst team to be relegated since our 07-08 monstrosity. A team without a positive goal difference since their League One promotion campaign. A team that were knocked out in the first round of both cup campaigns by Championship sides last season. A team with one win in 2019. 

I know Huddersfield aren't us, Villa or Portsmouth, but I'd be wary as a supporter to see that the only other teams to be relegated in Premier League history with less than 20 points subsequently went on to finish in the bottom half, suffering losses on the opening day. 

I'm hopeful we can bring them back down to earth. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I've just seen one Huddersfield fan say they have the quality to destroy us

Sounds like the Stoke fans this time last year, forget just how competitive the Championship is and that football isn’t played on paper.

Just now, David said:

Sounds like the Stoke fans this time last year, forget just how competitive the Championship is and that football isn’t played on paper.

They were promoted with a negative goal difference and didn't score a single goal in all three play-off games. Wagner was/is a genius, who managed to squeeze every ounce of quality he had in their team. It's not surprising to see how they've faired since he lost his touch a little bit and then left. 

They've got the hallmark of a team who will finish in the bottom half IMO. 

We have enough quality to destroy them. A winning mentality can breed success but its safe to say for the last season at least that there players have been used to being beaten.

We have a top quality coach and coaching staff. We have just signed 2 very good footballers in key positions and as a club we are on the up compared to there down. We have very good footballers at the club already and we are only 2 signings away from being a side who can push for the autos.

Roos

Bogle       Keogh     Clarke    Malone

Shinnie               Bielik

Dowell           Bennett          Lawrence

Waghorn

I don’t think Huddersfield will get in the top 6 this season but i think we will lose on Monday. Being in the playoff final sets back preparations, then compounded with losing Frank, a new manager new ideas and tactics and obviously minimal time to do transfer business which means  the season will have started before the squad is complete. Then you factor in injuries to the likes of Marriott and Holmes who will need to play catch up. Be under no illusions I think the first two months will be a struggle. 

To compound it, Frank had an easy start last season I terms of fixtures, I can’t remember a more gentle start. Looking at our fixtures this season, I don’t remember a tougher opening couple of months! 

This all reads doom doom doom so far but it isn’t. I fully expect us to be in the top 6 shake up once the new signings bed in. I’m just expecting a slow start (quite normal for Derby), a very strong October to December (again quite normal) then hope we continue without a February slump.

I’m also in Australia this December which bodes well. My last two visits were 13/14 under Mac and think we won every game while I was away (5 or 6 in a row), and under Rowett in 17/18 when we were unbeaten in the games I missed and reached the dizzy heights of top 2!

I will happily accept any positive result but I don’t think we will get one unless there is a serious improvement on the Rangers performance. I don’t think Cocu will start both the new lads signed yesterday    

Roos

bogle Keogh Clarke Malone 

Huddlestone     

Dowell Shinnie

Bennett Waghorn Lawrence 

subs martin Marriott jafoozon Mitchell Bielik Evans Knight  

I'd go - Roos; Bogle, Keogh, Clarke, Malone; Bielik, Dowell, Shinnie; Bennett, Waghorn, Lawrence. 

Still a keeper and winger short, but I think that's probably the best 11 available. Shame Holmes is out, we'll miss him. 

Huddersfield have kept hold of Mooy and Pritchard which is pretty big. Also a massive fan of Grant up front. I think they'll be in the play offs come the end. I'd take a point.

Archived