v Huddersfield Town (A) Match Thread

David
Message added by David

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Hopefully we will have Clarke and Bielik in before Monday’s game. Would still play Evans at CB though, Davies has looked poor in preseason and in an away game think I’d put Shinnie as the CDM 

It’s looking possible, certainly Bielik and one other anyway. Davies hasn’t looked great, but Evans hasn’t played CB much in his career and he’s still a risk there. Shinnie I’m not sure is a lone DM either

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s looking possible, certainly Bielik and one other anyway. Davies hasn’t looked great, but Evans hasn’t played CB much in his career and he’s still a risk there. Shinnie I’m not sure is a lone DM either

I think I'd given Evans the nod purely over the fact that he's looked so strong in preseason and that Bristol City game is still relatively fresh in my mind.

39 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We need a lucky one nil win 

23 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I will settle for a well fought or emphatic one nil win.

I'd prefer we hand out a comprehensive 6-0 thrashing playing glorious total football, dominating the game from start to finish with our free flowing style.

4-2-2-2 Let's kill these relegation bound dillholes!

Roos

Bogle   Keogh   Clarke   Lowe

Bielik   Dowell

Holmes                      Lawrence

Marriott     Waghorn

11 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

I think I'd given Evans the nod purely over the fact that he's looked so strong in preseason and that Bristol City game is still relatively fresh in my mind.

Yeah it’s a fair call, he’s certainly looked decent so far in pre season, and was a monster in that Bristol match 

I posted in another thread: Huddersfield are the worst team to be relegated since we were in 2008. The only other two teams to be relegated with less than 20 points since we did it went on to finish in the bottom half of the Championship, with opening day losses. 

Another daft fact: Huddersfield haven't achieve a positive goal difference since their promotion season in League One - 2011/12. It's astonishing that they've won promotion to the Premier League in that time. The irony being that we've managed to achieve a positive goal difference every season since then, with the 11-12 season being the last one we didn't.. 

They've had a steady preseason whereas ours has been somewhat chaotic. Nevertheless, we should be relishing this game. A relegated Premier League, especially in that fashion, is always a fragile team. 

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I posted in another thread: Huddersfield are the worst team to be relegated since we were in 2008. The only other two teams to be relegated with less than 20 points since we did it went on to finish in the bottom half of the Championship, with opening day losses. 

Another daft fact: Huddersfield haven't achieve a positive goal difference since their promotion season in League One - 2011/12. It's astonishing that they've won promotion to the Premier League in that time. The irony being that we've managed to achieve a positive goal difference every season since then, with the 11-12 season being the last one we didn't.. 

They've had a steady preseason whereas ours has been somewhat chaotic. Nevertheless, we should be relishing this game. A relegated Premier League, especially in that fashion, is always a fragile team. 

I read this post and instantly felt compelled to put a fiver on Huddersfield 4-0 Derby. ??

Pre-prediction scores already, I like it. @mozza will be itching to go again (maybe...hopefully) so I shall hold fire just now for a prediction though I feel several goals heading there way, for us. Or should that be our way ?

9 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

Roos

Bielik   Dowell

Marriott     Waghorn

With only 5 days left to prepare for Huddersfield if anything was announced today, I wouldn’t expect to see any new signings walk straight into the 11 for Monday.

More likely to see them on the bench v Swansea and starting v Scunthorpe in the cup. 

24 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Pre-prediction scores already, I like it. @mozza will be itching to go again (maybe...hopefully) so I shall hold fire just now for a prediction though I feel several goals heading there way, for us. Or should that be our way ?

Yea, can't wait.. 

10 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I'd prefer we hand out a comprehensive 6-0 thrashing playing glorious total football, dominating the game from start to finish with our free flowing style.

Is that a flying pig I see before.my eyes?

Sign players now, 5 days to train and already had pre season so i would put them straight in....

4-2-2-2

Roos

Bogle         Keogh          Clarke        Lowe

Shinnie          Bielek

Dowell                              Ramselaar

Waghorn     Marriott

Bench - Mitchell, Malone, Evans, Knight, Lawrence, Bennett, Martin.

Strong, strong side signings permitted. If no Ramselaar id play Bennett and have Jozefzoon on the bench.

Roos; Bogle, Keogh(C), Evans Malone; Hudds, Shinnie, Dowell; Bennett, Lawrence, Waghorn. 

It's not even a guess at this point - no new signing will make the XI even if they're on the bench. I'd suggest that Davies in the squad is almost concrete, even if we sign Clarke. 

17 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

Roos

Bielik   Dowell

Marriott     Waghorn

We can’t play players who are not registered with yet - wait a few days you jinx 

Archived