v Huddersfield Town (A) Match Thread

Day
Message added by Day

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Ffs! Rowett co-commentator on Sky for tonight. Lord save us! ?

I've popped over to Amsterdam, so I can listen to Owen Bradley's commentary ? 

Right decision not to play Bielik I feel. We should only play players who are ready for the season. We played Waghorn and Tomori in the 2nd game last season against Leeds when they just came in and it didn’t look right at the time as they weren’t ready

Can’t believe the negativity based on the team selection. A ball has not been kicked yet! 

Just hope those mugs replying to the clubs twitter don’t bother turning up to the first home game. Waste of spaces. 

Also the arrogance of some people. This isn’t Old ‘Tel running the Sunday league team and playing his limpet lad ahead of a world beater. This is Phillip Cocu picking his first starting line up for us in a competitive match. 

Just for some reality going into the game.

Huddersfield are a relegated squad with a manager who's been around the players for more than 6 months.

We are a squad being rebuilt following a large exodus of last season's playing squad, a manager who's had barely a month, with our best striker on his way back from injury and with our new record signing not yet fit.

Losing this game will not be the end of the world. As long as we can come out of it with some dignity.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Just for some reality going into the game.

Huddersfield are a relegated squad with a manager who's been around the players for more than 6 months.

We are a squad being rebuilt following a large exodus of last season's playing squad, a manager who's had barely a month, with our best striker on his way back from injury and with our new record signing not yet fit.

Losing this game will not be the end of the world. As long as we can come out of it with some dignity.

Absolutely. Hear! Hear! Sir! 

4231 then? That’s a bit of a surprise, wasn’t expecting Evans to be in. Looks a weak team really that to me, shows how much work needs to be done in the transfer market yet. In all fairness, missing bielik and Holmes make it look worse than it is, but there’s still a fair amount of work to be done in the last few days of the window. Not cocus fault mind, we’ve been delayed for all sorts of reasons in making transfers, and the summer has overall been a bit of a mess- though I think the club should’ve managed by this point to have a winger better than josefzoon in. Gonna take a lot to get a result tonight.

In all fairness though, that’s the best team for a 4231 that we have available, so you can’t really moan at cocu. And with me nkt complaining about a lineup decision by the manager, that guarantees our loss- because I know nothing, and that’s the team I’d send out in a 4231, if I knew bielik wasn’t available.

No Martin in the squad either, some on this forum will love that.

27 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That's lucky mate, I'll be paying about 5 Euros for a beer in the pub I'm going to. Alcohol in France is far too expensive.

Think yourself lucky, same in Greek islands but with added burden the missus, who is not at all interested, is downing €10 euro cocktails.

Archived