Pre Season Friendly v Girona (H)

EnigmaRam

I see Lincoln City are playing a "Derby County XI" in a behind closed doors friendly today... so whoever is short of minutes gets a game somewhere today, even if it's not against Girona. Or perhaps some of the youngsters that were expected to be involved against Girona, but are unlikely to be in the first team this season (Bateman, Whittaker) could be playing against Lincoln instead.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Carnero said:

I see Lincoln City are playing a "Derby County XI" in a behind closed doors friendly today... so whoever is short of minutes gets a game somewhere today, even if it's not against Girona. Or perhaps some of the youngsters that were expected to be involved against Girona, but are unlikely to be in the first team this season (Bateman, Whittaker) could be playing against Lincoln instead.

I agree. I think some players like Dowell and Marriott need minutes.

I also think with 2 friendlies left that most of your starting XI for Huddersfield should be having 45 mins?

3 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

£15 to sit in a pool of sweat watching our youth players and Ikechi Anya against a Spanish second division side. I've missed football. 

I have not taken much notice of this game but I was thinking of popping down tonight but as you said not the most attractive of games and then I looked at the price £20 at this stage 13-00 hrs - maybe I will spend the evening in a beer garden 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I have not taken much notice of this game but I was thinking of popping down tonight but as you said not the most attractive of games and then I looked at the price £20 at this stage 13-00 hrs - maybe I will spend the evening in a beer garden 

Same as me, I was looking forward to walking down picking up me 12 quid ticket and taking my seat. I thought I'd accidently clicked on a league game when it said 20 quid.

I've been to every Pride Park pre season game since Sampdoria, I need to dig behind the sofa to keep up tradition.

44 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Off to the Merlin in 5 mins, for a few beers then off to the match, come on lads let's show Cocu what great supporters we are, hope to see at least 10000 there, can not wait to see football back.

I'd be surprised to see 10000 there at those prices. 

I'm glad I decided to stick £20.00 on Girona -1 earlier. They have a decent side and should make a meal of that young team. 

Dowell, Shinnie, Davies and at a push Lowe are the ones playing for a start against Huddersfield. 

It would be good to see an upset though. 

Mitchell

Bateman    Davies       Buchanan    Lowe

Bird/Shinnie

Shinnie/Bird       Dowell

Anya                     Martin              Whittaker

Unless it’s a 4-2-3-1 with Shinnie and Bird at the base.

Archived