shinnie and dowell seem on a similar wavelength

48 is that Buchanan ? Looks handy to say the least

Davis off the pace

mitchel has a good throw on him

anya making intelligent runs but looks like the utility player he is

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@angieram, what's Buchanan like defensively? The few times I've seen him play he's looked comfortable on the ball, and that's being backed up by what people are saying here, but is he good at the head it and kick it stuff too? Do you reckon he's got enough about him to make up for his lack of size? 

It annoys me a bit when people call for Max Hunt ahead of him, seemingly just because he's a massive unit.

Dowell is extremely talented, Shinnie all over the place but needs to improve his passing. Lowe playing dangerous low crosses that would benefit Marriott, not so much Martin. Buchanan looks the better out of the two centre halves. Davies, I think, will be back up this season. Whittaker and Bird talented, lacks presence but should gain it with experience. Bateman holding up okay. Mitchell not the best. Martin doing Martin things. Anya not looking too good. 

I enjoyed how half way through the half it seemed Lowe got fed up of that gangly lad casually doing little tricks and strutting about. He's hammered him twice and now seems to have dominated that area.

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

@angieram, what's Buchanan like defensively? The few times I've seen him play he's looked comfortable on the ball, and that's being backed up by what people are saying here, but is he good at the head it and kick it stuff too? Do you reckon he's got enough about him to make up for his lack of size? 

It annoys me a bit when people call for Max Hunt ahead of him, seemingly just because he's a massive unit.

Hasn’t developed physically yet, but he is only 18. Not tall enough or strong enough for Championship football yet. 

Hunt’s not quite as good on the ball (but is fantastic at long range passing), but his height means he’s better in the air. Seems to lack a bit of awareness of where the opposition are (or will be due to runs)

Archived