Pre Season Friendly v Girona (H)

EnigmaRam

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More excited to watch that team (on RamsTV admittedly) than the one who started against Burton.

Just because there are a lot of players there I'd like to see play good minutes at a decent level, a lot of experience players I've not seen a while - and it's just pre-season so seeing our more "standard" 'first-team' players isn't that critical to me, especially with another friendly to go.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Pretty much reserves out/ players back from injury. Surprised to see Dowell in.

Also no Roos which is interesting. Marriott and Thorne struggling then.

Dowell probably in for game time. 

Roos I don't find surprising I think this is largely a 2nd team and Roos is currently looks like #1. 

What I think is interesting is Knight and/or Sibley not starting which might suggest they are close to the first 11.

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

First XI: Mitchell, Bateman, Davies, Buchanan, Lowe, Dowell, Bird, Sibley, Whittaker, Martin/Marriott, Anya
Subs used: Roos, Bogle, Keogh, Evans, Malone, Knight, Huddlestone, Shinnie, Jozefzoon, Waghorn/Martin/ Marriott, Lawrence

Not far off... Shinnie for Sibley, Ravas on the bench for Roos, and still no Marriott. 

It’s a shame Sibley missed out on the USA trip, as he’s missed out on a lot of minutes as a result. Not helped with needing to get the more experienced players enough match practice first. It’s a long season so he’s bound to get a real chance at some point. 

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Pretty much reserves out/ players back from injury. Surprised to see Dowell in.

Needs match practice. He’s only had 72 minutes in preseason so far

Also no Roos which is interesting.

Doubt Cocu or Roos would gain anything from him playing 10 minutes at the end of this game. Better to give a youth a few minutes instead. 

Marriott and Thorne struggling then.

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Roos I don't find surprising I think this is largely a 2nd team and Roos is currently looks like #1. 

What I think is interesting is Knight and/or Sibley not starting which might suggest they are close to the first 11.

Huddlestone is the only CM to have played more minutes than Knight so far. Both he and Sibley probably miss out on the first 11 today due to Dowell and Shinnie needing more minutes under their belts.

3 minutes ago, David said:

These were the shorts Holmes was wearing in that accidental tweet

Also the shorts we wore against Burton

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Huddlestone is the only CM to have played more minutes than Knight so far. Both he and Sibley probably miss out on the first 11 today due to Dowell and Shinnie needing more minutes under their belts.

Yeah, you are probably right. Will be interesting to see how it plays out though.

1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

Off to the Merlin in 5 mins, for a few beers then off to the match, come on lads let's show Cocu what great supporters we are, hope to see at least 10000 there, can not wait to see football back.

It’ll be 30 minutes of football punctuated by 60 minutes of 5 minutes “sports juice replenishment” breaks. I’m just looking forward to seeing Chris Martin slurping a bottle of “energy juice” whilst masticating his ever-lasting chewing gum. Class chewing from the number 9. ?

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Yeah I guess. I meant Roos not being in the squad at all, injured? 

Dont think it’s the case on the latter point, he’ll be getting Shinnie fit 

Archived