Pre Season Friendly v Burton Albion (A)

EnigmaRam
Message added by David

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Side looks fine,I’m worried about our long term lack of balance in midfield but the front four is fine.

My preference would have been Martin and Marriott but happy to see TL in that role,I think Bennett and Waghorn is interesting and could prove a handful.

If Cocu can get Joz playing then that’s a bonus.

I’ll have an open mind.

4 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Its mid table standard , dont like the midfield and Bennett and flo-Jo shouldnt be starting. A few injuries and we could struggle in season

It's a friendly, why be so negative?? Bennett deserves to start following a good performance in the last game and flo-jo has potential, just needs a run of games. 

1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

It's a friendly, why be so negative?? Bennett deserves to start following a good performance in the last game and flo-jo has potential, just needs a run of games. 

They arent top 6 quality. Both good sub players, valuable to have, but we do need at least one winger in before the season starts

1 minute ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Side looks fine,I’m worried about our long term lack of balance in midfield but the front four is fine.

My preference would have been Martin and Marriott but happy to see TL in that role,I think Bennett and Waghorn is interesting and could prove a handful.

If Cocu can get Joz playing then that’s a bonus.

I’ll have an open mind.

We are missing Shinnie, Holmes, Thorne (and Butterfield) from midfield. 

Lawrence and Martin can also play in that attacking mid / second striker role when we line up 4231. 

I don’t think we’re far off where we’d like to be

8 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Its mid table standard , dont like the midfield and Bennett and flo-Jo shouldnt be starting. A few injuries and we could struggle in season

Jesus it's preseason, time to have a look at certain things, I will judge the team when the season starts, my glass is always half full I admit, and I am so pleased it is, as yours I am guessing is always half empty. Hope you enjoy the season, because I will , feeling another good season is just round the corner.

2 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

They arent top 6 quality. Both good sub players, valuable to have, but we do need at least one winger in before the season starts

How do you know this? In the right balanced team, they could well be. History shows Flo jo better in his second season and Bennett is looking good so far.

Just now, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

How do you know this? In the right balanced team, they could well be. History shows Flo jo better in his second season and Bennett is looking good so far.

I just doubt they would be able to replace wilsons goals

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Jesus it's preseason, time to have a look at certain things, I will judge the team when the season starts, my glass is always half full I admit, and I am so pleased it is, as yours I am guessing is always half empty. Hope you enjoy the season, because I will , feeling another good season is just round the corner.

Wouldnt say its half empty as I think if cocu finishes his contract here we will be in the prem. Just think after the way Frank screwed us this season will be rough, with a threadbare squad, relying on youngsters/players who have been out of favour with us for the last few years (martin ect)

Best thing about these pre-season games is Cocu's attitude. That's an attacking line up and he is testing players on different roles than  we are used to.  Interesting to see what kind of team we have against Huddersfield.

1 minute ago, dcfcfan1 said:

with a threadbare squad,

How is our squad threadbare? We lost our 3 loanees, and we sold players that were on the fringe or out of favour, we're not that far off the squad for the playoff final, and we still have signings to make.  

Archived