433 - what's your current team?

Andrew3000

First post, greetings from Tampere! Here are my selections with what we got at the moment:

If 4-3-3

Carson/Roos (both are good enough at this stage imo)

Bogle – Keogh – Davies – Malone

Holmes – Evans – Shinnie

Josefzoon – Waghorn/Marriott – Lawrence

If 4-4-2 Diamond

Carson/Roos

Evans

Holmes – Shinnie

Lawrence

Waghorn – Marriott

If 3-4-1-2

Carson/Roos

Keogh – Evans – Davies

Bogle – Holmes – Shinnie – Malone

Lawrence

Waghorn – Marriott

Current starting XI looks good on all the above (I think Evans will shine this season), but no doubt in August there are some new faces, hopefully at least new CB and CM and maybe first choice right winger for 4-3-3.

Subs from current squad + academy.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Cocu_Doodle_Do said:

'Our' ?  not mine that's for sure.

Lol. Did you have your eyes closed all the times he rushed out like a madman? Or when he couldn't come out and catch? And the wobbles collecting high balls? ?

On 06/07/2019 at 14:09, LittleEatonRam said:

Looking at some of the options for a starting 11 here, I'm surprised to have heard people say Lampard left us in a good position.

The squad does not look good.

I agree with this a lot, but to his credit Lamps admitted that there was hell of a lot to do.

I think he knew the size of the task ahead.

My worse nightmare was we got promoted and he left, to be replaced by PJ or BD or Mac5 or all three as we trundled to 7 points.

Seriously though if we had gone up and he jettisoned so fast I would have been a lot more p'd off and scared and angry.

But there is major work to do with the squad, I think at least one centre half but two would be nice

Surely either Hudds, Evans, Bird, Shinnie or Thorne can step up to the plate and cover CDM

somewhere between Bennett Marriott Waggy Martin we have CF all sorted.

But that creative mid/wider strikers is where we could use 4/5 players I think maybe only 2/3 if we think Holmes, Sibley, Knight can do a job or cover.

So minimum

1 CD

2 WF

2 CM

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought Mel was stapling his wallet shut! ?

No way that Cocu has come if no cash for players at least expensive loans anyway. Derby is now the perfect club for investment. Stadium, Academy, Fan base, U18s and U23s, trimmed first team squad, Chelsea and Everton contacts, Europe standard management team and Mel Morris plus one game off promotion last year. What is not to like 

6 hours ago, RamDotFi said:

First post, greetings from Tampere! Here are my selections with what we got at the moment:

If 4-3-3

Carson/Roos (both are good enough at this stage imo)

Holmes – Evans – Shinnie

Josefzoon – Waghorn/Marriott – Lawrence

If 4-4-2 Diamond

Carson/Roos

Evans

Holmes – Shinnie

Lawrence

Waghorn – Marriott

If 3-4-1-2

Carson/Roos

Keogh – Evans – Davies

Bogle – Holmes – Shinnie – Malone

Lawrence

Waghorn – Marriott

Current starting XI looks good on all the above (I think Evans will shine this season), but no doubt in August there are some new faces, hopefully at least new CB and CM and maybe first choice right winger for 4-3-3.

Subs from current squad + academy.

Welcome ! .. Tampere .. Finland ? 

My team. 433

Carson

Bogle Keogh Davis Malone

.          Evans

Holmes.         Shinnie

Lawrence  Marriott. Waghorn

subs Lowe, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Joze, Bennett, Roos and Bird

so in this transfer market to boost our squad and quality we need a CB, Defensive mid, Winger and another forward. Then top 2 is possible.

Without looking at others, my current team (asssuming 433) would be;

Carson

Malone
Keogh
Davies
Bogle

Shinnie (DM)
Holmes
(Not sure, possibly where we are looking at Dowell)

Lawrence
Waghorn
Marriott

Not sure how the front 3 would work but based on using your best players.

Would like to see Lowe given a good go pre-season but not sure he is up to the job.

23 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Without looking at others, my current team (asssuming 433) would be;

Carson

Malone
Keogh
Davies
Bogle

Shinnie (DM)
Holmes
(Not sure, possibly where we are looking at Dowell)

Lawrence
Waghorn
Marriott

Not sure how the front 3 would work but based on using your best players.

Would like to see Lowe given a good go pre-season but not sure he is up to the job.

Lots of posts about formations and team selections.

Am I in a monitory that right now, our team/squad is bang average mid table.

Lot of people hoping/expecting miracles from fringe players last season. 

Even with Shinnie/Dowell joining so far - we need as a minimum two star players but hopefully three. CB/AM/Winger.

I am patient and I expect plenty to happen over the next month but right now our squad is middle of the table at best.

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Lots of posts about formations and team selections.

Am I in a monitory that right now, our team/squad is bang average mid table.

Lot of people hoping/expecting miracles from fringe players last season. 

Even with Shinnie/Dowell joining so far - we need as a minimum two star players but hopefully three. CB/AM/Winger.

I am patient and I expect plenty to happen over the next month but right now our squad is middle of the table at best.

We’ve lost Wilson, Mount, Tomori, Johnson and Bryson, and only signed Shinnie and Dowell - so of course the squad looks weaker on paper. I don’t think anyone would disagree with that.

But I think it’s a bit daft to say that the squad looks bang average and mid table at best. 10 games in, 15 games in, 20 games in, make that call. But in the second week of July?

It’s a new season and many teams are still taking shape, so I don’t understand how that assessment can be made. Every team starts from zero, and we’ve seen time and time again in this division ‘bang average teams’ come from nowhere and make a big splash, especially with the right blend of personnel and the right manager. Sheffield United last year, a prime example.

Cocu has been in the job for a week, so what can we really expect at this point? I am sure come the end of the transfer window, the squad will look a lot healthier. But I also envisage his coaching and tactical nous will bridge any gap in ability we may have.

5 hours ago, Jourdan said:

We’ve lost Wilson, Mount, Tomori, Johnson and Bryson, and only signed Shinnie and Dowell - so of course the squad looks weaker on paper. I don’t think anyone would disagree with that.

Johnson: replaced by Shinnie

Mount: Dowell

Bryson: Bird/Knight, otherwise the squad is too big. 

Tomori: Davies is back into the fold now, general rumours point to us after a defender. 

Wilson: Youngsters could step up, again seem to be linked with attackers though. 

Two signings at most at we're back to where we were last season. Martin back into the fold should hopefully be like a new signing too. 

Gk - Carson and Roos 

RB - bogle and wisdom

CB - Keogh Davies 

LB - Forsyth Malone Lowe

DM - Huddlestone Thorne Shinnie

ACM - Dowell 

AWM - Lawrence Holmes Bennett jafoozon

CF - Marriott Martin Waghorn 

plus a whole lot of promising youngsters in a variety of positions to be given time on the pitch - we need cover probably at CB and possibly ACM and we have even still got Anya who can fill in on half the positions and Holmes doesn’t fully convince me what his role is yet but I like him and I wouldn’t bet against lowe playing in midfield  - personally I would like to see our youngsters filling the gaps if they are good enough but we won’t know until they actually play - we have great choices 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Gk - Carson and Roos 

RB - bogle and wisdom

CB - Keogh Davies 

LB - Forsyth Malone Lowe

DM - Huddlestone Thorne Shinnie

ACM - Dowell 

AWM - Lawrence Holmes Bennett jafoozon

CF - Marriott Martin Waghorn 

plus a whole lot of promising youngsters in a variety of positions to be given time on the pitch - we need cover probably at CB and possibly ACM and we have even still got Anya who can fill in on half the positions and Holmes doesn’t fully convince me what his role is yet but I like him and I wouldn’t bet against lowe playing in midfield  - personally I would like to see our youngsters filling the gaps if they are good enough but we won’t know until they actually play - we have great choices 

You forgot evans

3 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Johnson: replaced by Shinnie

Mount: Dowell

Bryson: Bird/Knight, otherwise the squad is too big. 

Tomori: Davies is back into the fold now, general rumours point to us after a defender. 

Wilson: Youngsters could step up, again seem to be linked with attackers though. 

Two signings at most at we're back to where we were last season. Martin back into the fold should hopefully be like a new signing too. 

Martin directly replaces Nugents role in the team as an experienced bit part player if he is truly back in contention

Roos*

Bogle Keogh/Evans Davies* Malone/Lowe 

Shinnie

Holmes Dowell

Waggy Marriott Lawrence

Squad of 

GK - Roos / Carson (or new)

RB - Bogle / Wisdom 

LB - Malone / Foz / Lowe

CB x 2 - Keogh / Davies / Evans

DM - Huddz/ Shinnie 

CM x 2 - Holmes / Dowell 

LW - Lawrence / Zoon

RW - Waghorn / Bennett 

CF - Marriott / Martin 

Youngsters around the squad - Buchanan, Sibley, Macdonald, Knight, Mitchell Lawson, Bird 

Think it is evident that our needs are for CM and CB reinforcements + our luxury signings would probably include a winger and a GK. 

Have to say though that I read we played a 4231 in our first friendly and that's how Cocu will expect to line up? 

In which case... 

Roos*

Bogle Keogh/Evans Davies* Malone/Lowe 

Shinnie Huddlestone 

Holmes Lawrence Waggy

Marriott 

Squad of 

GK - Roos / Carson (or new)

RB - Bogle / Wisdom 

LB - Malone / Foz / Lowe

CB x 2 - Keogh / Davies / Evans

DM x 2 - Huddz/ Shinnie 

AM x 3  - Holmes / Dowell  / Lawrence / Zoon / Waghorn / Bennett 

CF - Marriott / Martin 

Still look light in the 'holding role' though maybe Evans becomes an option? And still light in CB. 

Luxuries are just a GK in this formation I feel. 

Current squad i'd go 4-4-2, as follows:

Roos (GK), Malone, Davies, Keogh, Bogle, Shinnie, Holmes, Dowell, Lawrence, Marriott, Martin

Martin Waghorn/ Chris Martin are interchangeable based on form but i definitely see Chrissy as having a part to play, and he can lay the ball off nicely for Marriott. Lawrence in CAM/front of a midfield diamond with Shinnie, Holmes, Dowell behind. Lawrence seems dangerous in CAM and if he gets injured, Dowell can play there.

Desperately need a centre back, at least one playmaking midfielder and a right winger.

10 hours ago, Jourdan said:

But I think it’s a bit daft to say that the squad looks bang average and mid table at best. 10 games in, 15 games in, 20 games in, make that call. But in the second week of July?

It’s a new season and many teams are still taking shape, so I don’t understand how that assessment can be made. Every team starts from zero, and we’ve seen time and time again in this division ‘bang average teams’ come from nowhere and make a big splash, especially with the right blend of personnel and the right manager. Sheffield United last year, a prime example.

Cocu has been in the job for a week, so what can we really expect at this point? I am sure come the end of the transfer window, the squad will look a lot healthier. But I also envisage his coaching and tactical nous will bridge any gap in ability we may have.

But lots of people on this thread are making assumptions and putting teams down on paper and saying it’s top six. So people are disagreeing that we’re not weaker... (or the league is a lot weaker to say we’re still top six).

I’m saying when someone on this thread points out three wingers, two being Bennett and Flojo and then says we’re too six material, that’s seriously misguided IMO.

I agree though, signings will come in and we should be stronger come opening day.

Archived