Andrew3000

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's a 433 then:                               

Roos

Bogle.          Keogh.          Curtis.        Malone

Shinnie

Holmes                           (New cm)

Jozefzoon           Marriott.              Lawrence

We desperately need a midfielder to replace mount and the quality he had. I would also like to see a new CB.

Otherwise I'd like to see us play this:

Roos

Bogle.          Keogh.          Curtis.        Malone

Shinnie

Holmes.                        (New CM)

Lawrence

Marriott.             Waghorn

I think this would suit us better as it includes waghorn to hold up the ball and help Marriott out a bit. Lawrence looks good in the centre as well.

Would like to see us try 3 at the back in pre season with what's Currently available. Wing backs providing the width high up the pitch.

Carson 

Keogh       Davies     Evans

Bogle                                            Malone

Holmes        Shinnie

Lawrence 

Waghorn      Marriott 

Subs 

Roos, Wisdom, Lowe, Thorne, Bennett, Jozefzoon, Martin.

Has anyone looked into how Cocu’s midfield 3 actually play. It would give us our biggest clue towards ins, outs and everything in between. I know I haven’t looked and I immediately assumed it was like a McClaren 3 - such as Thorne/Eustace, Hughes, Hendrick/Bryson. A quick read up suggests it’s closer to how Lampard wanted us to be like at the start of last season where all mids shared responsibility, which lead to players being out of position very often (I’m thinking Ledley and Bryson during the first few games). 

Does anyone have any real insight?

Roos or Carson

Keogh      Huddlestone    Forsyth 

Bogle       Shinnie      Holmes       Malone 

Lawrence

Waghorn          Marriott 

3-4-3 sod it!

Cocu says he’ll play 4-3-3 though, so

Roos or Carson 

Bogle      Keogh      Davies     Malone

Holmes      Shinnie    Evans

Waghorn    Marriott    Lawrence 

6 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

Waghorn    Marriott    Lawrence 

If we're going to do 4-3-3 we've got to do it properly. We need proper wingers, I think Lawrence can cut it but I don't like the sound of waghorn being pushed out on to the right.

12 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Pontus Jansen gone to Brentford for 5.5 million. Would have made 8 or 10 point difference to us in my opinion.

Its not defence that's the problem - why not put that cash towards a real winger?

I haven't much of an idea about what works best and boxing it in to 433 makes it even harder... its almost a proof of the pudding thing and that's the managers art.

Shinnie is an unknown quantity but is by all accounts a high energy fighter. I like Holmes in midfield . he is so sharp and technically excellent

Lawrence and Flo Jo flip from brilliant to Meh. Hudds is either a god like maestro or sees the game pass him by 

I love Marriott and his uncompromising identity as a goal scorer, but could see him getting isolated in some games. I think Waghorns all round game and strength has huge value. Martin also may still have a role to play.

Evans was supposed to be a DM but in that cameo looked every bit a good CB and I have a sense that Wisdoms day is not done. Curtis and Keogh are sound if aging, I think Malone will get better - he is adventurous and despite the gangling appearance is has a football brain and good positional sense and can cross. Bogle and Lowe - exciting and hoping to see further improvement from these dynamic young players who have the potential to be game changers. 

An ideal team is going to vary depending on who the opposition is !

Can I have my award for sitting on the fence now please ? Ta

Archived