433 - what's your current team?

Andrew3000

For the players we have currently we should actually be playing 442 ! This looks much stronger and competitive for the championship and plays to the strength of several players 

Roos

bogle Keogh Davies Malone

Bennett Dowell Shinnie Lawrence   

Waghorn Martin 

subs or replacements lowe for malone Holmes for any in midfield Marriott for any of the front 2 Evans if Davies isn’t fit

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far I'm thinking:

- - - - - - - - - - Roos - - - - - - - - - -

Bogle - - Keogh - - - - ? - - - Malone

- - - - - - - - - - - ? - - - - - - - - - - - - 

- - Holmes/Shinnie - Dowell/? - - - - -

Zoon/? - - - - - - - - - - - - - Lawrence

- - - - - - Waghorn/Marriott - - - - - -

Potentially four new signings by the end of the window. A CB, a CDM, another CM and a RW. These could be...

CB: Clarke (Brighton)

CDM: Bielik (Arsenal)

CM: Ramselaar? (PSV)

RW: ?

7 minutes ago, Kuskus said:

E3770E3C-C21C-4CD5-A3CC-A87B6AA251FA.jpeg.87a0fd96e5c61c25b996d760636de28c.jpeg

Thoughts

Looks about right at the minute, although as we know 2 more could be coming in so that could change.

One of my concerns which I’m not really seeing others pick up on is RB cover.

I see you have Wisdom down which is understandable but he’s been struggling and out injured now for a while, with no pre season under his belt, no mention of him returning to training, would be interested to know where he’s at.

Just listening to Cocu’s interview talking about the importance of competition for places, so players don’t become too relaxed, we’re starting the season heavily relying on the fitness and form of just Bogle.

We have the likes of Holmes that has covered at the back, but not sure I would want him there long term if anything was to happen to Bogle. 

Fans are calling for another keeper and AM, just wondering if it would make more sense to bring in another RB instead.

24 minutes ago, David said:

Looks about right at the minute, although as we know 2 more could be coming in so that could change.

I see you have Wisdom down which is understandable but he’s been struggling and out injured now for a while, with no pre season under his belt, no mention of him returning to training, would be interested to know where he’s at.

Just listening to Cocu’s interview talking about the importance of competition for places, so players don’t become too relaxed, we’re starting the season heavily relying on the fitness and form of just Bogle.

We have the likes of Holmes that has covered at the back, but not sure I would want him there long term if anything was to happen to Bogle. 

Fans are calling for another keeper and AM, just wondering if it would make more sense to bring in another RB instead.

Don't disagree especially. But given that Ikechi Anya seems to have been brought back into the fold (albeit, as a right winger), would there not be any thought given to him being able to operate as right back cover if needed? It's a role he's done many a time before (with us, Watford, Scotland and others).

29 minutes ago, David said:

We currently have 4 goalkeepers who've been considered good enough for either a) a starting place or b) a place on the bench as cover

I also wish people would consider Carson was playing perfectly well before he got injured - And then Roos was kept in ahead of him on the basis of form

I don't understand how people think we need a new keeper...

Winger and CM for me please - But can see the argument for a RB too (Although need I remind you we have a VIKING who can play there if needed)

49 minutes ago, Kuskus said:

Thoughts

I'm cold on Jozefzoon and I see no reason why Holmes cannot play wide right. he's at his best running at defenders.

I'm utterly confused regarding Lowe because Malone is a horrible defender, always getting pulled out of position. Anybdoy got any clue as to why Lowe doesn't appear to be challenging.

And btw, I've been out of touch the last 10-days so apologies if this is blindingly obvious because he lost half his right leg in a freak fairground accident.

19 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

Don't disagree especially. But given that Ikechi Anya seems to have been brought back into the fold (albeit, as a right winger), would there not be any thought given to him being able to operate as right back cover if needed? It's a role he's done many a time before (with us, Watford, Scotland and others).

To be honest I forgot about Anya, even though he’s played a part in pre season. 

Roos

Bogle Keogh Clarke Malone

Bielik

Holmes   Shinnie.

Dowell

Waghorn Marriott

Because diamonds are forever. In Bogle and Malone we've got full backs who can give attacking width.

for full 4-3-3 drop one of Holmes or Dowell and add Lawrence in the LWF position.

Roos

Bogle.     Keogh.  Clarke.     Lowe

Bielik

Dowell.    Shinnie

Waggy.                         Lawrence

Marriott

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Roos

Bogle.     Keogh.  Clarke.     Lowe

Bielik

Dowell.    Shinnie

Waggy.                         Lawrence

Marriott                          

I'd have Malone in for Lowe but otherwise a great starting lineup there

However - I suspect we'll see Waghorn up top and Bennett/FloJo on the wing

13 minutes ago, Kuskus said:

Thoughts

Looking better thats for sure! I would also like a winger, AM, back up RB and a GK however I know thats not going to happen this window maybe 2 more in as Cocu has said, in that case I would prioritise a winger and a back up RB personally, as @David rightly said Wisdom is struggling at the moment and imo jozefzoon hasn't shown enough for me to trust him fully though he has shown glimpses of promise off the bench last season. I like what I see from sibley hopefully he can get some time on the pitch this season and push on. All in all i am a lot more optimistic about this season after these signings.

2 hours ago, David said:

I see your point but Anya, Holmes or someone like Evans could fill in a pinch. Wisdom when fit will be adequate cover and you don't want a situation where you end up with 3 players vying for the position. 

Also there is an argument it doesn't materially impact the first team. GK and RW are the two clear spots we could improve to have a better team, with a lesser argument for a CM.

Roos

Malone Keogh Clarke Lowe

Shinnie  Bielek  Dowell

Holmes Waghorn  Bennett (reluctantly - need someone else)

subs Marriott, Sibley, Bird, Knight, Evans, Carson, Malone ... and across the season the balance from the the bomb squad - which should include Josefzoon, Martin, Lawrence, Huddlestone, Wisdom, Anya, Thorne etc

Archived