433 - what's your current team?

Andrew3000

4132 to suit waghorn and marriott......but if we're picking 433 its fairly predictable  ?

.                    Roos

bogle.   Keogh.  Peric.   Lowe

.                    Shinnie

.         Holmes.    Crowley

waghorn.   Marriott.      Mahoney

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roos, Bogle, Keogh, Davies, Malone, Huddlestone, Sibley/Knight, Holmes, Jozefzoon, Marriott, Lawrence. 

Need at least 6-7 signings for a good go at the play offs. Couple of centre backs. Couple of creative centre mids. Couple of wingers. Keeper. Lots to do. 

I’m reluctant to start making prospective teams until I’ve seen how fit and ready for the first team Thorne and Martin are and who looks ready to step up from the junior sides.

At this point we could either need to effectively sign half a first team or only need a couple more players to complete the squad. Can’t remember having a more interesting pre season.

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Davies Malone 

Holmes Shinnie Huddlestone

Waghorn Marriott Lawrence

I expect the side to be very different to this come August 

I wouldn't play Roos. He gives me the jitters every time the ball goes anywhere near him. 

43 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Having pointed out our amazing record with Malone in the team, why do our fans still continue to write him off? He's our best left back in our team! I'm sure Cocu will see it too. 

Cocu will see that ridiculous haircut and find it hard not to judge him negatively.  He's ok for me, not that much to choose between him and Forsyth but he seems weaker defensively and dispositionally more unstable. I cannot see Fozzy's knees surviving nor Malones legs not snapping like breadsticks. Lowe may turn to be the best and I hope so.

Roos

Bogle Keogh Davies Malone

Shinnie

Holmes     Evans

Bennett  Waghorn   Lawrence

I think Evans will be OK this season, recovered from his knee injury and just a bit more experienced than Bird, although if he's ready swap those 2.

Marriott on for Bennett with Waghorn moving wider, Zoon the wing change as needed, Lowe to be around the picture. Rest cover from youth team.

IF you want to have Waghorn/Marriott front two, which I do. it's never going to really comfortably fit a 4-3-3

4-1-3-2 however and you can get this going on:

Shinnie

Holmes         Lawrence        Zoon

Waghorn    Marriott

Of course, the above is assuming Thorne and Martin aren't going to returning to 13/14 form....

13 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I am Waggy's biggest fan but Marriott is the best finisher that we have had since Bobby Davison. Put simply, he has to be in there.

I think there are a couple big questions marks over Mariott though, especially as a lone striker. 

1)  Can he be relied upon to link play up regularly? 

2) Will he go missing in games ? 

3) Why did Lampard stop favouring him and can he overcome whatever it was ?

Just now, LittleEatonRam said:

Looking at some of the options for a starting 11 here, I'm surprised to have heard people say Lampard left us in a good position.

The squad does not look good.

I agree and I hope some of our kids come good, but hopefully we will bring in some quality?!

I've read somewhere that Cocu's 433 isn't a traditional 433 as he doesn't have a "defensive midfielder". He has all 3 midfielders attack and defend as a unit rather than have specific roles for different players.

Not sure I understand folks desire to get Wags and Jack on the pitch at the same time(I understand it for every once in a while), but not as a base formation. 

Having (at least) two strikers of quality you can switch out during the season is the only way to have consistently good form up top. Nothing wrong with having them switch games; both starting some, both coming on as sub. 

Also- where is the concern for squad size coming from? Did everyone get used to seeing 35-40+ senior team options last year and think that’s normal? 

Last year was about seeing out contracts and moving folks on. Sorted.

Now we assess and bring in as needed. I’m guessing come start of season a few of you will be shouting that the squad is bloated again.  Love this time of year! The squad will get sorted...I’m just hoping for as few injuries as possible to start the year. 

coyr

If Cocu doesn't fancy Carson then we've got to go and sign a first choice keeper in my opinion.

Not entirely sure why people are putting Roos down to start. He's not as good as Carson and never will be. 

I saw the other day that Southampton want to sell Fraser Forster and Alex McCarthy. So there are decent keepers to be had. 

I wouldn't want to go in to the season with Roos as our number one. 

Archived