433 - what's your current team?

Andrew3000

So, Cocu mostly favours 433.  At present then, what would be your team? This is hurting my brain a little. So far all I can think is this:

Roos

Bogle   Keogh   Davies   Forsyth

Holmes  Bird  Shinnie 

Waghorn Marriott Lawrence

But I don't like it.  This based on love for waggy & Marriott, and the idea that Hudd is too immobile.  But it looks so lightweight in midfield and not creative enough up front. Will he abandon this formation for one more suitable for the current squad? Intriguing decisions ahead.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson

Bogle  Keogh  Davies  Forsyth (if fit)

Holmes THudd  Sibley (not seen Shinnie)

Jozefzoon  Waghorn  Lawrence

... only because Waghorn isn't a winger, so really you have to make a choice between Waghorn & Marriott ?

---

CB, DM, AM & winger required

Carson

bogle keogh Davies Forsyth 

holmes Huddlestone shinnie 

waghorn Marriott Lawrence 

need couple of CM to cover loss of Johnson and Bryson, jozefzoon and Bennett can cover front but it’s defence that needs most cover, that saying depending on the youth if there intergrated well

I like the thought of Forsyth being back. No offence to Malone or Cole or Olsson but seeing them play has made Forsyth's weaknesses perfectly acceptable for the pace, strength, aerial ability and crossing he provides. 

In less than a month the teams in this thread will be much better than any now. I think this thread now shows that there was always going to be quite a bit of work done this summer. Losing the likes of Johnson, Mount, Wilson, Tomori and Bryson takes away how many appearances? 

17 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Carson

... only because Waghorn isn't a winger, so really you have to make a choice between Waghorn & Marriott ?

---

Agree about waghorn looks like these 2 might be vying for one spot again. Agree with the areas to strengthen. I love Hudd as a person and is so good on the ball, but he needs to go to Italy if he still can, as he is not suited to championship.

Roos

Bogle Keogh Davies Malone

Huddlestone

Holmes Shinnie

Bennett Waghorn Lawrence

Struggled to think of a midfield and who to play in the wide positions. The defence is decent enough, but the wide positions are lacking any real quality and the less said about the midfield the better- it’s horrendous and imbalanced. There’ll be a great number of transfers to come in yet mind so I wouldn’t rule out a 433- this current squad won’t be the squad against Huddersfield. That said, we don’t know with any certainty what cocu will decide to deploy this season here, even if logic and his past history suggest a 433. The Systems used in pre season will make all clear.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Davies Malone

Huddlestone

Holmes Shinnie

Bennett Waghorn Lawrence

Struggled to think of a midfield and who to play in the wide positions. The defence is decent enough, but the wide positions are lacking any real quality and the less said about the midfield the better- it’s horrendous and imbalanced. There’ll be a great number of transfers to come in yet mind so I wouldn’t rule out a 433- this current squad won’t be the squad against Huddersfield. That said, we don’t know with any certainty what cocu will decide to deploy this season here, even if logic and his past history suggest a 433. The Systems used in pre season will make all clear.

Mentioned 433 in his interview but wait until he sees what we've got.

30 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Carson

---

Totally agree, if 4 3 3 its Waggers or Marriott, not both....

4 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Mentioned 433 in his interview but wait until he sees what we've got.

Yeah I'd say with him mentioning it a 433 is fairly nailed on in what we will build towards.

If the season was to start tomorrow I think our best side would be: 

Roos 

Bogle Keogh Davies Forsyth (if fit)

Holmes Huddlestone Shinnie 

Bennett Waghorn Lawrence 

I don't think though that will be how we shape and I expect to see a couple new faces/academy promotions to take a few places. 

I think what's clear though is sorting the midfield is the top priority, it's currently the weakest area of the team and I'm only confident in Holmes as a starter (haven't seen Shinnie to judge either way). 

The other areas that seem to call out to me are GK, CB and RW as areas we will probably look to improve. 

Up front I'm not 100% sure who starts. My guess would be Waghorn but I could see it being Mariott and I think there is an outside chance of it being Martin.

Having pointed out our amazing record with Malone in the team, why do our fans still continue to write him off? He's our best left back in our team! I'm sure Cocu will see it too. 

I would also like Huddlestone to stay well away from our first XI. We are so much worse as a team when he plays. We rely on his 40-50 yards passing and everyone else seems to lose all creativity. 

12 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Seems silly to play 4-3-3 looking at some of these teams. The diamond formation like we used against Leeds away would suit the team more

On current playing staff we aren't equipped to play either really and I think given the interview with Cocu it's extremely likely we build towards a 433. 

A diamond is tempting to get Waghorn and Mariott up front together but part of me still thinks the diamond is somewhat inherently flawed as a formation and is best used in one off games or as something to change too when needed.

38 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Carson

bogle keogh Davies Forsyth 

holmes Huddlestone shinnie 

waghorn Marriott Lawrence 

need couple of CM to cover loss of Johnson and Bryson, jozefzoon and Bennett can cover front but it’s defence that needs most cover, that saying depending on the youth if there intergrated well

Brysons gone mate

Archived