433 - what's your current team?

Andrew3000

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

As in stands our team is not good enough for top 6

But 2/3 loans could change that

Rather us start season as outsiders and integrate youth (knight) ect than panic buy a few average players on 5 year contracts

Agree to an extent. 

Get Ampadu or another CB and we're set in defense, easily a top six back 4. 

I think we're already set in midfield. Bird/Sibley/Knight will step up this year plus we're yet to see Dowell and Holmes in the team. 

Strikers we're spoilt, Bennett seems to be happy a good pre season too. 

That just leaves the wingers, one solid addition there and we've got a top six team. 

21 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Agree to an extent. 

I think we're already set in midfield. Bird/Sibley/Knight will step up this year plus we're yet to see Dowell and Holmes in the team. 

That just leaves the wingers, one solid addition there and we've got a top six team. 

I’m not sure I agree with this. I’m all for optimism but I can’t see Bird, sibley and knight having that big an impact and they’ll surely be back in the 23s come August and one of them maybe be on the bench here and there. I think we need to strengthen in midfield big time given Wilson and mount made such an impact in those attacking midfield positions last year. Would be happy as it is and using the three named above a lot but would suggest we then can’t complain if we finish 15th.

in fairness, we may not play 4-1-2-3 which would lessen the need to bring in more attacking midfielders and he has played two up top in pre season but in the past I believe Cocu has liked to play a similar style to lamps with one sitting and two forward thinking midfielders and one up top. 

the only reason I can’t see youngsters having as much of an impact is that the club retains ambitions of promotion and I think that takes precedence over bringing through youth and, like I said above, we would likely not finish top 10 with three (or even one) 18 year olds playing a significant amount in the midfield (hahaha watch them all bang in ten next season)

52 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Agree to an extent. 

Holmes is injury prone, and we lack goals and creativity from CM- our weakest area. Have no faith in Huddlestone or Thorne too, 

21 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

NEW KEEPER

BOGLE                                               KEOGH                   DAVIES                                                            LOWE

AMPADU                                                SHINNIE

WAGHORN                                                            DOWELL                                                          LAWRENCE

MARRIOTT

THIS TEAM IS SEXY.

*That team is spacey.

50 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

New Keeper

Bogle   Keogh   Trialist   Trialist

Trialist   New CM   Holmes

Bennett   Marriott    Trialist

Starting to take shape nicely now I think.

What is the difference between Trialist and New ?

11 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Who then needs to be bought, taken on loan or brought in from Academy?

We already have two left backs and Forsyth contract is expiring at the end of the season

we already have two strikers and Martins contract is expiring at the end of the season

Carsons passing isn’t the best and his contract is expiring at the end of the season

Butterfield is inconsistent and is most likely going to leave soon for Blackburn and his contract is expiring at the end of the season

Thorne isn’t probably going to get back up to his peak after two terrible injuries and his contract is expiring at the end of the season

Anya is inconsistent however he could be Derby’s utility man but he is over his 30s and his contract is expiring at the end of the season

Replacement for Carson: Buy a New young keeper like Walton

Replacement for Butterfield:  Could be Knight or Sibley or potentially a new signing on loan or permanent 

Replacement for Thorne: Could be Bird or Evans who has been average playing in midfield or potentially a new signing on loan or permanent 

Replacement for Anya: Could be Whittaker or Mitchell Lawson or a new signing on loan or permanent 

2 hours ago, Kuskus said:

We already have two left backs and Forsyth contract is expiring at the end of the season

we already have two strikers and Martins contract is expiring at the end of the season

Carsons passing isn’t the best and his contract is expiring at the end of the season

Butterfield is inconsistent and is most likely going to leave soon for Blackburn and his contract is expiring at the end of the season

Thorne isn’t probably going to get back up to his peak after two terrible injuries and his contract is expiring at the end of the season

Anya is inconsistent however he could be Derby’s utility man but he is over his 30s and his contract is expiring at the end of the season

Replacement for Carson: Buy a New young keeper like Walton

Replacement for Butterfield:  Could be Knight or Sibley or potentially a new signing on loan or permanent 

Replacement for Thorne: Could be Bird or Evans who has been average playing in midfield or potentially a new signing on loan or permanent 

Replacement for Anya: Could be Whittaker or Mitchell Lawson or a new signing on loan or permanent 

Best reply that I have ever received, Kuskus. What a Van Der guy. 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You didn't ask him who he was selling them all to! Blackburn? ?

Rams turning into feeder club for Rovers. If it suits us and them it is fine by me. I suspect that Brad will be a top player at Rovers.

9 hours ago, Rampage said:

Rams turning into feeder club for Rovers. If it suits us and them it is fine by me. I suspect that Brad will be a top player at Rovers.

I think its just Lancashire clubs in general. We have been Burnleys feeder club for a while now, so I'm guessing Blackburn just took a look at their neighbours and thought they would do the same. Unfortunately Burnley already took all our best players, so Blackburn don't have much too choose from.

Feels quite difficult to pick what a starting 11 might look like, might know more after Burton as we might see more of what PC wants tactically (though I'd still assume we'll see a mix of players getting 45mins each so might not give much away as to how he is leaning towards who starts).  Think the main difficulties is what the midfield looks like and then the fact that some decent attacking players are going to have to miss out as we can't use them all.  As a variation of the 433 I wouldn't mind seeing:

Carson/Roos (Guessing Roos is ahead from what we've seen but for me Carson still better)

Bogle      Keogh Davies        Malone

Huddz (Thorne as he once was would be a shoe in but doesn't seem likely and Shinnie I just don't know what he is yet)

Holmes      Dowell (Shinnie could play here too but see above)

Waghorn            Marriott

Martin

Lot of responsibility on the full backs to provide width but get balls in to Martin's feet and you'd like to think he could bring in Waghorn and Marriott if they're playing close to him and running beyond him. 

Would make them both difficult to pick up as opposition centre halves would either have to be tight to Martin allowing Marriott and Waghorn to run past them onto through balls from midfield (Martin as a distraction) or balls into Martin where he is the pivot to bring them in with flicks round the corner/little lay offs etc. Or if opposition centre halves drop off Martin it would give time and space for either him to turn and threaten the goal or forces a midfielder to close him down and creates space for Holmes/Dowell.  An added advantage would be forcing opposition full backs to tuck in tighter to help 2 centre halves (most teams still favour a back 4) creating space outwide for our fullbacks but unlike previous seasons having 3 guys who are a treat from crosses all in the box.

Obvious disadvantages are vulnerability when full backs committed forward and therefore needing the midfield 3 to have a lot of energy to get back when the ball is lost.  This is obviously a weakness of Huddz so might be where someone like Shinnie is better and I don't know whether it is a strength of Dowell, Holmes is very quick and seems willing to get stuck in but is clearly not a physical presence.

Archived