Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, tombomb said:

probably dragging out till the 1st for ffp reasons as others stated previously. Maybe Frank is doing us the favour too help us out financially. 

WHy would it matter what year its in? Losses are averaged out over 3 years are they not?

6 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

To me, this tells us that Mel Morris is not going to interview any managers who are currently in work.

The reason I think this is because of the bit in bold. I think he's referencing the way Chelsea have approached us, here. That they've come in for our manager at a time that will likely disrupt our preparations for the season. To me, he's saying that he doesn't want to, and won't, put another club in that same situation.

Some people have been suggesting to me that this is only the case while Frank is still here - but he doesn't explicitly say this. I don't see why he would suddenly be OK with causing "the same situation" on another club once our manager has gone.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's how this has come across for me. 

Definitely a passive aggressive comment on the protracted Lampard situation.  I don't think it's to say he won't go for a manager who is currently employed, just that he will do it at an appropriate time, conduct it quickly and smoothly and move on.

It's going to be tough on anyone if we poach their manager at this point of pre-season but we've been put in a quick turnaround/disruptive state because Chelsea have dragged and are still dragging their feet for some reason. 

Can only think if we were given permission to speak to someone Monday they would be announced Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.  Chelsea look like they're going to take up until the weekend for whatever reason, and leave us with Wassall taking training Monday because we've had no time to pull anything else together.

I've said all along I have no problem with Frank going, heaven knows we'd all jump ship if we were a manager and Derby came knocking, but this needs sorting ASAP. Wouldn't be so bad if we were haggling over a Morris fee, compensation for being messed around by agreeing a couple of loans. or similar, but this delay is over apparently nothing and is doing my nut in.

Tear up the contract offer and encourage him to go. Move for someone as soon as possible.

11 hours ago, RamNut said:

Eustace, mclaren, moore, hughton, holloway, monk, cowley, keane, hughes, scholes, rowett, adams, redknap, stimac, carrick, adkins, karanka, moyes, mccarthy, holland, simpson, boothroyd, chris bloody coleman, sol campbell, chris powell, cowans, benitez, phelan, mcinnes, alex neil, stendel, strachan, gerrard, ince, allardyce, ranieri, ravanelli, appleton, saunders, souness, carsley, williams, wassall, pearson, davies, giggs, grayson, hasselbaink, jokanovic, gary neville, phil neville, pardew, pulis, poyet, tim bloody sherwood, zola, mark wright, shilton, geraint williams, mick harford, archie and scot gemmill, george burley, peschisolido, higginbotham, heckingbotham, gazza, mozza, puel, froggg, rowan williams - the former archbishop of bloody canterbury, lee johnson, boris johnson, nigel farage, nigel clough, mary berry, george berry, halle berry.....

just give it to Bergkamp!

Got enough on my plate trying to run the Prediction League,  frogggy may be up for it tho, now he's retired.. 

We have a little longer than Monday if we are having to hire a new manager.....the first couple of days of training are always lots of tests of fitness levels in the gym last few years have been at Derby Uni and a little jogging and ball work at moor farm.All of that is fairly standard at all clubs and it does not really matter who supervises it.......so this gives us a little more leeway

13 hours ago, Rammeister said:

He didn’t do well at Bristol City.

I think this particular appointment following Lampard will be the most important that we have made for a number of years.

Re: McInnes, yes he failed last time he managed down here but that was a long time ago. he’s a very different, much more experienced manager now who has done very well at Aberdeen. He reportedly turned Rangers down. I wouldn’t be against it.

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Re: McInnes, yes he failed last time he managed down here but that was a long time ago. he’s a very different, much more experienced manager now who has done very well at Aberdeen. He reportedly turned Rangers down. I wouldn’t be against it.

He took over at Bristol and was told to shed all his best players for £. The club was on a downward trajectory and he couldnt stop it. 

Im not sure his style would fit the current playing staff, and he's been accused of not progressing the youth of AFC as much as he could. Id be surprised if he was on the shortlist.  

Archived