McInnes dropped to 50/1

and Lampard to stay disappeared

Still no mention of Eustace. 

The odds I have seen place Phil Neville as favourite at 6/4

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think that appointment would be a real kick in the teeth for Wassall. Moore was a backroom person who had to step up and take over before pretty quickly being sacked for not doing a good enough job. Wassall is a backroom person who knows our club inside out, lives and breathes it, has the top coaching qualification in football and the second best win percentage at Derby when stepping into the breach before. 

Don't see the case for big Dave at all, even though he's a top bloke. 

Spot on , if Moore is in the running then wassell gets the job ahead of him all day long ,really can’t see why Moore is even under consideration 

6 hours ago, td_evans said:

Worth considering the the 'Rooney rule' is now in play - so we're very likely to be going to be at least interviewing either Hughton or Moore.

Stupid rule IMO. It was pretty clear Frank was Chelsea’s number 1 choice but they had to give an interview to a BAME candidate knowing full well they weren’t going to get the job. You can’t not give somebody a job based on the colour of they’re skin but have to give them an interview solely based on the colour of they’re skin.

If the bookies are right with their list then it's beginning to look pretty depressing! 

I like the Barnsley manager but it appears he's well out of it,

Moore - great guy but couldn't do the job at WBA with probably the best squad in the division. 

Neville - dressing like Southgate doesn't make you a good manager

Cowley - awful football

Wassell - please God no!! People on here must be forgetting how embarrassing it was last time, there was a reason he became Darren Waffle! Never forget after his first game he came out and said the players had been 'absolutely brilliant' and he thought we were 'fantastic'........after a 1 nill loss at home to the soon to be relegated MK find! I was there and we definitely weren't fantastic or brilliant!!

Hoping the bookies have missed someone and an out of the blue candidate turns up!

5 minutes ago, Rample said:

What sort of footy are England women playing - I have little to no interest of actually watching it myself. 

433, possession based, playing out from the back. When it works, and there are moments of genuine skill, they cut through teams quite well. But they do lose the ball a lot

Not confident that Cowley would improve us, his football and tactics are closer to Snakes than Lampards.

Moore and or Wassell no thank you. Moore didn't show much at WBA and Wassell is better suited to an academy role not a managers role.

Neville? Is he going to leave the England role mid tournament and join us? Mel said that we need someone in before Monday so for me that rules out Neville.

Carrick? Not sure a bit like Lampard as he hasn't managed before, would be another risk.

Hughton, Gerrard or Monk - I would be happy with any, i like one more than the others but any i would be confident for next season if we started the campaign with any of those names at the helm.

Lee Johnson? Barnsley Manager? Neil? - Alot of names who are still working who would be very good for us. I hope its all sorted by Saturday.

Just don't get the Wassall hate from some, it really is uncalled for IMO. What did the man do to deserve this? He answered the call from our Chairman to fill in till the end of a season, was in charge for 18 games, won half of them FFS, yes 50%, got us in the play offs and when asked to stand down and put up with vitriol from the fans, he knuckles down and does a great job with the academy.

If there is anyone in football at the moment who deserves to be "promoted from within a club" more than Daren Wassall....feel free to point him out.

Archived