Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

Sounds like the next manager will be a poster from on here

I’d give it to Owd Miner, he’d play the old 2-3-5 formation, which would totally confuse the opposition. Hilda as No2, a sort of latter day Hoddle and Eileen Drewery ?

Just now, Whoneedshuls said:

Jose Mourinho available most likely a long shot but keeps the Chelsea links and one not really mentioned by media.. Jose with Morris as number 2 wouldn’t be bad.. 

he gets paid about 8 zillion a week  - that before he has a tug on his tool after breakfast  - what cloud you on

2 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Jose Mourinho available most likely a long shot but keeps the Chelsea links and one not really mentioned by media.. Jose with Morris as number 2 wouldn’t be bad.. 

Mourinho is a master tactician but is defensive by nature, not the "Derby Way". I don't know why he was ever appointed at ManUre.

If we rule out names previously mentioned     ( thank god) and Mell  goes down a less conventional route similar to the FL strategy

Bergcamp  / Phil Neville /Henry/????

Who would you prefer .

Would Neville consider leaving his present position? Bergcamp whilst at Ajax have developed a young squad of talent but not to sure if his involvement within the club..

Anyone else  of a similar nature to Gerrard and Fl out their that is under the radar,

personally I would just bring Hughton in to settle the ship ,keep us on track. Experienced with both Brighton and Newcastle where he was relatively succesful, unlikely to walk ,competent manager experienced in this division sure he would do a capable job ,just not sure how well he could bounce.

22 hours ago, Tombo said:

Break down the stats all you like, but I've got some stats for you on Daniel Stendel

Went into Hanover and couldn't stop them going down. Following season, was sacked as they weren't in the promotion spots. His replacement turned it around and got them up that same year

He got a very strong, only recently relegated Barnsley back up again. One half impressive season

Are we going for "proven" now or are we just looking at who has a really exotic sounding German name and hoping he's the next Klopp?

Won 17 out of 34 games at Hannover.  Hardly terrible.  Seemed like a very harsh sacking. 

11 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Gods sake show some ambition man,,,, pep with Klopp as no2

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Jody will 100% go where Frank goes, amazed how many Derby fans still believe he'd stay...

I don’t think Jody will stay either if Frank goes, but l think that a 3 year contract as First Team Manager at Rams on say £1m+ p.a. might  be quite tempting compared to Assistant Manager at Chelsea on say £500/750k p.a.  Maybe, just maybe, he might think that proposition is a better career move. I would.

Archived