Suggestions for the next Derby manager

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Wouldn't be against Lee Bowyer at all really. Bloke has done wonders at Charlton.

A bit of an idiot/lout when he was younger, and played for Leeds. Seems to be the general opinion of those who don’t want him near the club.  (Note: same rules do not apply if you are Jody Morris). Funny old lot are football fans.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ram said:

Teams can have much of the possession as they want, it’s what you do with it that counts and it’s having a good quality midfield and being able to assist your leading pack to create goals on a consistent basis that gets the boat ticking and Derby have been under the cosh a few times in numerous seasons when they play teams who look to sit deep and we are unable to find answers to unlock them. 

Yes I know this, and as we’ve established Moore failed to evolve this with a far more expensive, talented and experienced squad 

so back to my original point ... he was holding them back

Lovely guy, love wha the ddI for us as a player but I don’t want him as our manager 

give me Hughton or Adkins every day of the week 

My first thought was Alex Neill but the talk of Hughton makes sense.  Trollope was his number 2 at Brighton but I'd like to see a possible change there or addition to the staff with Liam Rossenior. Youth coach at Brighton so will know Hughton well and always talks very well on the TV.  He could also be groomed for the main job a couple of years down the line if successful.

Ideally keep Lampard though.

15 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Brighton fans couldn't stand Hughton in the end, the football was atrocious.

Did you watch us play Brighton away the year they went up? Absolutely tore us apart and played us off the park, in fact they did that to most teams that year. Hughton is a fantastic manager and I would love him at lead us Rams! 

47 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Transfer Market website has 303 pages of out of work football managers. And for most of them you can see why.....

What's more difficult to find out is whether there are any more Frank's around....may not have managed yet, but have been in the game and are looking for an initial appointment....

Denni......

oh blimey....its hard work.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Denni......

oh blimey....its hard work.

That's a 10+ years ago Frank......

A closer fit, thinking about a highly regarded England midfielder, regarded as a bit of a legend at his club who is a complete managerial novice would be...

Paul Scho......oh, you're right this is too tough...?

10 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

Hughton has been paid off and can’t join another club for 9 months apparently! John Terry for me and get the Chelsea youth in on loan

No thanks you to John Terry. If for no other reason we don't want to be seen as nursery for ex Chelsea players becoming managers.

51 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Typed in "Chris Hughton" on YouTube and one of the first things to come up was an interview with fans on the street after he had been sacked.

They certainly didn't give off the impression you've suggested.

After hearing Derby fans on the street being interviewed for Radio Derby, would you say they offer a good representation of the fanbase?

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Good point!

The Brighton fans responding to this give a good idea:

An absolute legend and shame it's had to end but the football became turgid without the results to justify it. If it's Graham Potter coming in as it looks I'll be very excited.

Wow, I didn't expect Bloom to make that decision. It's a difficult one but there was no sign that Hughton could take us beyond narrowly avoiding the drop. It is a gamble but if he stayed it would be a gamble that he'd manage just enough next season.

We will be forever grateful for everything he did but it is the right time.

Hilarious all the people on Twitter complaining. They have no idea about our club. We'd 100% be relegated with about 10 points if he stayed next season, his football became absolutely dire. We need someone else to take us to the next level. Surprised how quickly Bloom has done it (I didn't even think he would) but I'm pleased.

Shocked that it's happened so soon and I didn't think it was going to happen but it kinda had to happen. Our football has been atrocious tactically and the attacking players we have brought in have struggled because of tactics. Idk if anyone watches us here but we set up as 10 behind the ball (sometimes 11 too) with only glenn murray upfront and we're so slow and defensive. We have been awful this year and only didn't go down because the other teams below us were even worse

Sad to see him go but not really disappointed Bloom's pulled the trigger. I think there are three factors

1) Terrible form in 2019 2) Over cautious boring football, he was losing the fans 3) Not bringing players on. We spent plenty last summer and bought some really good prospects, but none really stood out for us. CH didn't seem to be able to integrate them into the team the way the previous seasons new players had.

33 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

That's a 10+ years ago Frank......

A closer fit, thinking about a highly regarded England midfielder, regarded as a bit of a legend at his club who is a complete managerial novice would be...

Paul Scho......oh, you're right this is too tough...?

It may have been ten years ago but the blokes a proper legend. Not one but two statues have been erected in his honour.

You get a legend to tell mason bennett or richard keogh that they are good players and they're walking on air. 

He is dedicated to coaching and developing young players and follows johan cryuffs philosophies

He helped develop the ajax academy players that are currently worth mega-bucks.

played under two coaching legends - Johan cryuff and Arsene Wenger.

Intelligent. Cool. Articulate.

is gasping for an opportunity.

bloody perfect.

p.s. Scholes is a miserable git.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Top 12 is an optimistic way to say bottom half. The Brighton team that went up weren't exactly flowing, their top scorer was Glenn Murray and they played some relatively agricultural stuff from what I can remember. Last year they were crap. They were fortunate not to have been among the 3 most crap sides, but they scored a pathetic number of goals, Brighton fans couldn't wait to see the back of Hughton. Nigel Pearson did a good job at Leicester, do you respect him?

Top 12 for a Norwich team.... is a good finish whether it’s bottom half of the prem or not. What more could he do with them? As for Brighton last season, I appreciate it was negative football but like I’ve said on here before, playing slick attacking football in the prem isn’t sustainable for a team outside the top 6 or 7. After a while it catches up with you one way or another. It did Swansea, it did West Brom and again Brighton is just another one of the clubs that will eventually fall through the trap door one way or another. 

Nigel Pearson did do a good job at Leicester, but he hasn’t replicated it anywhere else. Hughton has had excellent spells in charge of 4 clubs. So yes hughton should have more respect because he has a much better record than most managers in the championship and the bottom of the prem. who would you like next? Cause it really is slim pickings! 

Archived