Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

I want to throw in an absolute wildcard.

Francesco Totti.

Never managed, left his post as sporting director but would look better in a suit than Lampard which is a plus

He'd need a translator ? 

Or we could all learn Italian. I'm somewhat in favor of that.

35 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Surprising news about Bowyer.

Eustace also mentioned in the Terry link this morning, not a bad shout.

Eustace blew it for me with that horrible display in the 2-0 win towards the end of the season - made Rowettball look progressive.

This is just my opinion, but I really do not like the idea that our club could become an apprenticeship program for ex-pros to have a go at management.

If they want to get into management, they should do what those who don't have an impressive playing career to hang on to have to do: go down the leagues and work your way up. 

Think this was part of my issue with appointing Lampard in the first place. 

I Can’t say I’d be enamoured if terry is the replacement for frank should he go. Not only is he a dislikeable bloke, but again he’s not a manager yet. He’s been an assistant which gives him some decent coaching experience but it’s not exactly been at a high level and we all know that a manager is a totally different sort of job and experience doesn’t always transfer well- Clement will always be a lesson in that. Someone with no experience worked with Lampard but it’s not guaranteed to work again, I don’t want a dinosaur but I’d rather someone who knows the job a bit better. Terry would be a huge risk, and given his charectar, I’d rather not take it. If we’re taking a risk, go for arteta imo. Sure he’s just one name on a shortlist, but I’d rather him not On there at all. I guess at least it would keep the Chelsea connections and loanees which might be to our benefit, but I don’t know whether I could deal with him being in charge of our club. We also don’t know his style of football either, adds to the risk. 

Hopefully things can get moving with Lampard by mid this week then we can start really drawing up options. Think it’s too early imo until that approach actually comes in. 

As an aside, eustace is a laughable suggestion for me, QPR didn’t deem him good enough so why On earth would he be good enough for us. Would be a terrible appointment, he’s nowhere near ready for this level yet, needs to drop down to get his managerial career back on track if he wants to be a number one. 

11 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ram said:

“We haven’t had an approach From Chelsea” cause they are secretly in talks with Frank and is still ongoing before it gets to a full approach. 

And you have evidence to support that potentially libelous statement?

Archived