Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a list of currently available (and somewhat realistic) managers. Not sure how to feel about this list, personally. But it certainly looks like, unless we're planning to poach another club's manager, we may have to go down a route which means altering the playing style and, essentially, starting again...

- Chris Hughton

- Domenico Tedesco

- Bruno Labbadia

- Lee Bowyer

- Sam Allardyce

- Mark Hughes

- David Moyes

- Alan Pardew

- Gary Rowett

- Darren Moore

- Gus Poyet

- Phillip Cocu

- Tony Pulis

- Aitor Karanka

- Nigel Adkins

- Steve McClaren...

Only about three names on this list (and that's three at a push) get me genuinely excited. Some I could see why, due to their track record at this level or above etc, but a large portion of those managers do not appeal to me one bit. Have spaced that list out because I'd be interested to see people's thought on any of the individuals that stand out to them.

11 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Here's a list of currently available (and somewhat realistic) managers. Not sure how to feel about this list, personally. But it certainly looks like, unless we're planning to poach another club's manager, we may have to go down a route which means altering the playing style and, essentially, starting again...

- Chris Hughton

- Domenico Tedesco

- Bruno Labbadia

- Lee Bowyer

- Sam Allardyce

- Mark Hughes

- David Moyes

- Alan Pardew

- Gary Rowett

- Darren Moore

- Gus Poyet

- Phillip Cocu

- Tony Pulis

- Aitor Karanka

- Nigel Adkins

- Steve McClaren...

Only about three names on this list (and that's three at a push) get me genuinely excited. Some I could see why, due to their track record at this level or above etc, but a large portion of those managers do not appeal to me one bit. Have spaced that list out because I'd be interested to see people's thought on any of the individuals that stand out to them.

You excite easily, which 3 are those???

Very strange that Bowyer and charlton couldn’t agree a new deal.... I guess the looney owners have got the better of bowyer and he wants out as he can’t work with them anymore at a guess. Mind a one year deal isn’t exactly ensuring his future so you can see why he’d turn that one down, wants a long term project I expect, and proper championship manager wages (which he is entitled to, ain’t league one anymore). Not quite sure what charlton are doing going into so much detail about what was offered and what other clubs pay mind, highly unprofessional. And what they on about blaming the agent, we all hate football agents for their influence on the game but you’ve gotta expect it by now in any negotiations. Really poo situation for charlton fans who will be looking forward to their return to the championship that he’s not even getting a permanent replacement... gonna really knock their preparations. Really bizzare statement from them.

Still bowyer won’t be staying there so I’m reckoning he could well be our next manager if frank goes.

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

You excite easily, which 3 are those???

Tedesda, Labbadia and Cocu. The three least likely ones. Can't see us going for a foreign manager, personally.

I think I could get my head around appointments like Hughton, Moyes, Allardyce. Not a fan of the style of football but they've got a CV to shout about. Could even maybe come to understand the likes of Bowyer or Adkins.

But names like Pardew, Pulis, Karanka. Yikes. That sort of stuff keeps me awake at night. 

15 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

- Chris Hughton

- Domenico Tedesco

- Bruno Labbadia

- Lee Bowyer

- Sam Allardyce

- Mark Hughes

- David Moyes

- Alan Pardew

- Gary Rowett

- Darren Moore

- Gus Poyet

- Phillip Cocu

- Tony Pulis

- Aitor Karanka

- Nigel Adkins

- Steve McClaren...

really?

I fell into a coma about a third of the way down......?

If Frank were to go, one big positive of having Bowyer as manager is Chelsea probably won't poach him lest it bring back some horrible memories:
490736056_TheGreatestShithousingofAllTime.thumb.png.e057a70620a61792f3dfa5135efc1757.png

A poohousing that Rowett could have only dreamed of

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

Pretty certain his Brighton side that got promoted did not play rowett football. Yes last season they were defensive, but he did what he had to avoid relegation and it worked. He has led two teams to promotion, got Birmingham in the play offs and led Norwich to a top 12 prem finish. I don’t understand the little respect he seems to have in football for the jobs he has done. 

Top 12 is an optimistic way to say bottom half. The Brighton team that went up weren't exactly flowing, their top scorer was Glenn Murray and they played some relatively agricultural stuff from what I can remember. Last year they were crap. They were fortunate not to have been among the 3 most crap sides, but they scored a pathetic number of goals, Brighton fans couldn't wait to see the back of Hughton. Nigel Pearson did a good job at Leicester, do you respect him?

2 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ram said:

Darren Moore for me as he is a nice guy and well respected in the community and knows the club from his playing days as a player, unlucky to get sacked from West Brom due to their expectations of trying to get automatic promotion which was clearly beyond them. 

He Held back one of the most talented and expensive squads in the division 

I’d be absolutely gutted if we appointed him 

love the guy but not as our manager 

5 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ram said:

Darren Moore for me as he is a nice guy and well respected in the community and knows the club from his playing days as a player, unlucky to get sacked from West Brom due to their expectations of trying to get automatic promotion which was clearly beyond them. 

Being a nice guy isn't a substitute for being tactically inept.

Just now, The_Mighty_Ram said:

Love to see good old Billy Davis back in the game, been gone for too long, it’s time he gets back into the game and he has unfinished business to attend with at Derby after leaving us in such dire circumstances in the torrid PL season after getting us promoted after the falling out over funds. 

Are u kidding me ?

He had unfinished business at forest ... how did that pan out ?

no Thankyou ..... there’s a reason he’s been out of the game for god knows how long 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

- Chris Hughton

- Domenico Tedesco

- Bruno Labbadia

- Lee Bowyer

- Sam Allardyce

- Mark Hughes

- David Moyes

- Alan Pardew

- Gary Rowett

- Darren Moore

- Gus Poyet

- Phillip Cocu

- Tony Pulis

- Aitor Karanka

- Nigel Adkins

- Steve McClaren...

Holy carp. I’m going for a bath with the toaster.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

- Chris Hughton

- Domenico Tedesco

- Bruno Labbadia

- Lee Bowyer

- Sam Allardyce

- Mark Hughes

- David Moyes

- Alan Pardew

- Gary Rowett

- Darren Moore

- Gus Poyet

- Phillip Cocu

- Tony Pulis

- Aitor Karanka

- Nigel Adkins

- Steve McClaren...

Oi !!!

image.thumb.jpeg.2f509b664676ce58cfc4e93673f60ef0.jpeg

Just now, The_Mighty_Ram said:

No! but his character is what fans can get behind what counts. We need quality and not quantity and we need this manager situation sorted soon and if we don’t get our midfield sorted out which is a number one priority we will be in the poo.  

I don't care how nice he is, if we're 15th and playing terribly, I'm not getting behind him. We need quality correct, which is why Darren Moore shouldn't even be considered, there are much much better names out there.

Archived