Suggestions for the next Derby manager

27 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Giovanni van Bronkhurst.

Think this would be another exciting appointment. Initially I'd say he's probably too far out of our reach, but the Championship is ever evolving and if managers like Bielsa can be attracted here, then managers like GVB could too.

I just feel like if Lampard goes we'd need an appointment that would be exciting and a biggish statement that the set-back isn't going to knock us off our stride and that this is still a season where we believe we can go up.

Managers like Bowyer or Hughton may well do a good job, I just don't think they'd bring that immediate excitement that Lampard did, and managers like van Bronckhurst or Arteta would.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DCFC4LIFE said:

Now that jokanovic is out of the window, none of the English managers excite me one bit. Wish we went for a foreign manager for once

Chris Hughton is both English and foreign (due to his ROI appearances).

And also massively exciting.

14 minutes ago, DCFC4LIFE said:

Now that jokanovic is out of the window, none of the English managers excite me one bit. Wish we went for a foreign manager for once

Have we not had enough managerial 'excitement' at DCFC?

If someone like Hughton comes in for a couple of seasons (at least) of stability, and quietly gets on with the job of getting us back into the PL, what's wrong with that?

At this point it may be better to have no manager .   Leave the players to pick themselves. Shouldn't be difficult with the squad of 16 we'll have left .  Save us all the black and white still photography balls and new manager guff.  Man of the match gets to feed Harry Redknapp  witchity grubs.

37 minutes ago, JfR said:

I'm sure @RamNut will have something to say about that

How many statues has he got? Eh?. Eh??

dennis even looks like Sting!

What more do you want?

image.thumb.jpeg.a885fe55878c7858df3ffe2ea97bce5e.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Anybody else's posts going missing? I assumed the first two were removed as I referred to Harry Redknapp in unflattering terms but another one has disappeared too which was inoffensive to anyone.

Sorry, what was that? 

2 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

Are you his agent or something? ?

Look......We can't have van bronkhurst. He sounds like a sausage. 

4 hours ago, The_Mighty_Ram said:

Love to see good old Billy Davis back in the game, been gone for too long, it’s time he gets back into the game and he has unfinished business to attend with at Derby after leaving us in such dire circumstances in the torrid PL season after getting us promoted after the falling out over funds. 

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Billy Davies. Long time, No see. Dont worry, Nigel with the evil knee is not hidden here... 

Archived